Favourite Nicktoons

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 27, 2010, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on August 26, 2014, 08:19:50 PM
That said, I can't do Dan Schneider's stuff anymore. Any of it.

I feel like All That is the ultimate show that you have to be "in the mood" to watch. It almost feels like something you have to prepare yourself for, you can't just kinda sit down and casually watch it unless you wanna be irritated at how obnoxious it is and/or question every facet of your childhood.

Man, talk about Doug not aging well..........

Spark Of Spirit

Worst Nicktoons:

1. Rocket Power
2. Fanboy & Chum Chum
3. Breadwinners
4. Fairly Oddparents
5. CatDog
6. The Wild Thornberrys
7. ChalkZone
8. Danny Phantom
9. All Grown Up
10. Catscratch

Boy, there is a lot of mediocre stuff. Even toward the bottom of my list it's more mediocre than outright terrible.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I can't agree with Fairly Odd Parents being on a top 10 worst list, especially over things like CatDog and All Grown Up. I don't know, I never fully got the incredible hate for that guy's cartoons on this board. Danny Phantom was okay. Fairy Odd Parents did go bad over time, and the show tried a little too hard in many ways (they really pushed Cosmo as the funny idiot, but he never seemed to click). But it certainly had its perks, and a handful of strong episodes. It's not great, but I can see why it got strong ratings in its day.

Spark Of Spirit

I would honestly say that FOP at its worst is far worse than either of those. CatDog and AGU are more boring and bland than outright awful. FOP at its worse is some terrible television, I tell you what.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 09, 2014, 12:11:21 PM
I would honestly say that FOP at its worst is far worse than either of those. CatDog and AGU are more boring and bland than outright awful. FOP at its worse is some terrible television, I tell you what.

Are you talking about its later days, or the entirety of the show's run?

LumRanmaYasha

I dislike it enough now that I might put it in my own top 10 worst list, likely at the #10 spot, but I can admit that FOP still has some moments/episodes that hold up for me, particularly the "Channel Chasers" and "School's Out" movies. That said, most of it, even the early stuff, is really just obnoxious to me nowadays, so I can't really say my opinion on the series overall is more positive than it is not.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 09, 2014, 12:12:26 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 09, 2014, 12:11:21 PM

Are you talking about its later days, or the entirety of the show's run?
The show's been on for over a decade now. The majority of it is loud, abrasive, and absolutely swimming in character beatdowns and formulaic plots that all have the exact same setup and payoff. And it only got worse in those areas as it went on.

It says a lot that I'm usually rooting for Jorgen over Timmy whenever he shows up. And I'm apparently not supposed to.

Avaitor

I also root for Vicky more often than not, as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

That's because Vicky and Jorgen are the two best characters.

Avaitor

I wouldn't say Vicky is, but Jorgen certainly is.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Speedy

There was a time when I liked FOP but IMO it hasn't aged very well.  That said, I do still like Crocker's freak-outs when he says "FAIRY GODPARENTS!!!!"

My favorite NickToons:
-The first five
-Kablam!
-SpongeBob (pre-movie and the movie, though there are a few good ones after 2005)

I've also liked what I've seen of MLAATR, though admittedly I haven't seen very much of it.

talonmalon333

What did you guys think of The Angry Beavers?

LumRanmaYasha

It's not as consistent or as well-written as Rocko, but it's still a darn good show, and one of the best Nicktoons.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 16, 2014, 03:35:48 PM
What did you guys think of The Angry Beavers?
It's one of my favorite Nicktoons.

Speedy

I don't like it nearly as much as I used to.