Bonkers

Started by Kiddington, July 14, 2011, 05:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

IMO, one of Disney Afternoon's most underrated comedies (along with Goof Troop, but I'll make another thread for that later). At least from what I see, it doesn't seem to get the warm, fuzzy memories that the likes Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, and such get. Not a DVD release to be found whatsoever, hasn't aired on TV in years (but then again, neither has anything else from the old DA lineup)... but, I digress.

Admittedly, the show did kind of run out of steam towards the end of its run. The "Miranda Episodes" were never as much fun as the output from the Lucky Piquel saga, but still; I always found this be a solid and thoroughly entertaining series. I'd buy a DVD set, for sure.

...and now, for a special treat. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you; the infamous "banned" episode of Bonkers, "New Partners on the Block", not seen on television airwaves in over 17 years! Presented to you in its entirety, courtesy of Youtube:

Part 1 (skip to 4:26 to avoid the overly long, unnecessary intro that the guy who uploaded decided to tack on in front of it)
Part 2
Part 3

Avaitor

Heh, when I was writing my review last year, I found that video, and decided to watch all of the guy's introduction. Bad move, since it goes nowhere.

I liked Bonkers as a kid and still do. It may be a watered-down Roger Rabbit, but it's still an entertaining show with a likable lead and fun animation. I do think that the Lucky episodes on the whole were better than Miranda, as well. She just never really worked as a character, let alone someone for Bonkers to work off on, while he and Lucky had solid chemistry together..
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The Miranda episodes were actually made first. They just held them over for later because they weren't very good.

I'm still taken aback at how Greg Weisman prefers them. They were so dull for the most part and nowhere near as good as the Lucky stuff.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton