Winnie the Pooh

Started by Avaitor, July 15, 2011, 01:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Use this thread to talk about the franchise as a whole.

I for one am really excited about the new movie. I think the animation looks incredible, and it seems fun.

I also rewatched the original movie last night, and the featurettes are as fun as ever. Light and fluffy, yes, but the characters are endearing, and the dialogue is sharper than you'd recall. Not to mention that the original movie's music is some of the best stuff that the Sherman Brothers have ever recorded.

The reviews for the new movie are generally positive. If it's anywhere near as fun as the earlier stories, I should really enjoy it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

The new movie's getting crazy reviews. Shame its going to get annihilated by Potter.

Kiddington

Yeah... Disney couldn't have possibly picked a worse opening weekend. Honestly, I would have just held it back and waited until about late August/September-ish, having it open against a group of non-blockbusters... but hey, that's just me.

It's too bad, really. The movie looks absolutely fantastic, and I'd really hate to see it flop. The animation is gorgeous, the voice acting superb (this officially marks the 4th decade (80's, 90's, 00's, 10's) that Jim Cummings has voiced Pooh. That's some incredible work all these years)... it just looks like a quality production all around. I definitely plan on seeing it myself, weird looks from the movie theater staff be damned.

Commode

I honestly don't think it'll fail that badly.  Yeah, it's numbers are gonna look like shit compared to HP, but I'm pretty sure it'll make a decent amount of money, maybe not this weekend, but throughout it's run.  And even then it'll still come out on DVD, and it'll probably sell well then.

That said, I'm not sure if I'll go see it.  The animation does look good, but I have no experience with the franchise except for watching The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh all those years ago.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Angus

The little kids have got some options then, but I think it's going to end up like Tangled in attendance. At least it should appeal more than My Friends Tigger and Pooh, although little kids are probably used to that version.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Daxdiv

Yeah, Disney was never really bright when it comes to putting movies they made against something else. This is a bad move, since I can't even think of another movie that came out this weekend other than Harry Potter 7.5. I'll try to catch this, but I make no promises. Shame, since it does look like an enjoyable film, and I do like the fact that they got someone British for Christopher Robin. Also, I think this might be the first time I've hear Craig Ferguson voicing Owl, along with the new voices they gave Piglett and Eeyore.

I remember watching New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh as a kid. I thought it was an enjoyable little show. Dammit, talking about that show made me look up the old theme song.

Lord Dalek

Katie Holt

Looks fun, and has great animation... but man, I can't really justify seeing a 60-minute film in a theatre unless I get a huge discount.

Especially since I kinda can't afford it.

I also hate that it won't do very well because of Pottermania.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

Lord Dalek

Winnie the Pooh isn't playing here, so if anybody sees it, did they leave the "wink of doom" in?

Angus

Saw about half of this on Netflix DVD, although it didn't really play on my player. It's good, even has the storybook gimmicks of old, and no 3-d Tigger and Pooh stuff. They break into song quite a bit.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Daikun

Lord Il

Quote from: Daikun on November 21, 2014, 12:38:41 PM
I guess Winnie's a hermaphrodite.
I heard about this crap on the news recently. This is what happens when some people choose to overthink stuff wayyyyy too much for what it's worth. Growing up, this sort of stuff never even crossed my mind as a kid. O_o

Nel_Annette

I remember when I was three and whenever my parents got me like a Care Bear or something, I'd look immediately at the crotch, and yell "Where's its dick?! This is sexually ambiguous!"

:zonk:

Lord Dalek

Peanutbutter

The movie is a sequel to Pooh's other movies.....I didn't see that coming. Between that and retaining Jim Cummings, I'm a lot more interested in this now.