Started by Rynnec, July 18, 2011, 08:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2011/07/18/a_message_from_capcom

....  :shit: :unimpressed: :burn: :anger: :devil:

That's all I can say at the moment.

*EDIT BY SPARKY: I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND THE TITLE CHANGE, RYNNEC*

Avaitor

I actually just posted that in the Favorite Games thread.

But yeah, looks like it's safe to say that the franchise is just about done now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Daxdiv

I eagerly await Desensitized's rant on this.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

QuoteA:Yes, those whose ideas were to be implemented in the game will receive a commemorative gift, which will be shipped at a later date.

Hey, cheer up guys. Maybe you'll get a 10% off coupon for the new Devil May Cry, or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom. The kids love those right?

Right?

Rynnec

Some of the folks on Tvtropes have actually made a list of terrible decisions Capcom has made over the years.

So far they got:

MML 3 canceled
Megaman Universe canceled
Irrational hatred of all fighting games not featuring Ryu
-
Mercenaries debacle
Terrible DMC reboot
No export for the new Monster Hunter
AAI 2 canceled (no idea what AAI 2 is an acronym for)
Screwing over Clover Studios (effectevly leaving the Viewtiful Joe games 1 short)
The Wii "tests"

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I may have to consider getting Super Street Fighter IV used at this rate. Ultimate MVC3 will already have to do some heavy convincing to get me to spend my money.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Rynnec on July 18, 2011, 09:51:17 PM

Ace Attorney Investigations aka Miles Edgeworth's game.

Spark Of Spirit

I hate this lousy fucking company.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I remember a time where I considered Capcom one of the best. What the fuck happened?

Oh right, Mikami and Inafune left.

Spark Of Spirit

They haven't done one right thing since Inafune left, either.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on July 18, 2011, 09:51:17 PM
Some of the folks on Tvtropes have actually made a list of terrible decisions Capcom has made over the years.

So far they got:

MML 3 canceled
Megaman Universe canceled
Irrational hatred of all fighting games not featuring Ryu
-
Mercenaries debacle
Terrible DMC reboot
No export for the new Monster Hunter
Screwing over Clover Studios (effectevly leaving the Viewtiful Joe games 1 short)

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I may have to consider getting Super Street Fighter IV used at this rate. Ultimate MVC3 will already have to do some heavy convincing to get me to spend my money.
It's Ace Attorney Investigations 2. It's the last game in the sub series, and is very important story-wise for future titles.

I'm getting Layton Vs. Phoenix because Level 5 is making it, bu I'm sure as hell never buying a Capcom game new ever again. Also, you should add "Wii's tests" to the list. The #1 thing that pissed me off about Capcom this gen up to this point.

I'm also pissed off at them for killing the Maximo studio while they were making the third game.

Rynnec

Sure, but what exactly is "Wii's tests"?

Spark Of Spirit

Capcom had these "tests" for the fanbase of the console.

"Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition sold millions! We'll get you guys more Resident Evil games!"
*Release light gun shooter that does well*
"Wow, you guys like light gun shooters! Here's another!"
*Sequel bombs*
"Oh, I guess you guys don't like Resident Evil!"

"Buy Zack & Wiki and you'll get more hardcore games!"
*Proceed to stealth release the game*
"Oh! You guys failed. Sorry!"

"We'll finally use those third person RE4 controls you all like in a new game!"
*Announces Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop completely missing the whole point of the series*
"Oh! I guess you guys don't want third person shooters, either!"

"We're taking a big risk on Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom! If you guys want more fighters, buy it!"
"Hey, good job guys. It actually surpassed our expectations!
*Announces MvC3 for HD consoles and never releases another fighter for the Wii*

Shit like that. Playing around with their fanbase, while never properly committing to the actual system.

Rynnec

My God that sounds awful. What a terrible company.

People seem to be calling Capcom "the Activision of Japan". I don't think that moniker is too off from the mark.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Ugh, Wii tests.

I actually have both the Resident Evil games, and as much as I like them, I bought them partly to support this movement towards Capcom giving the Wii users some more traditional games. But it was just brass hoops and nothing more, since they never planned to follow up on any of their promises.

Now I'm glad TvC won't get a sequel. They'd probably find some way to fuck that up too judging by how MvC3 ended up.