Snow Days/Blizzards

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 27, 2010, 07:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomysterion X. Prime

Since Winter is upon us, why not have a discussion about snow days and blizzards?

I remember this past weekend, I received a blizzard in my hometown. There was a bit over a foot of that white stuff on my front lawn. That could of excited me when I was 7 or 9 years old, but not so much anymore since I never play outside very much. :P

Avaitor

I live in Florida.

That is all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Neomysterion X. Prime

I live in Rhode Island, where it's really seasonable there. That's really all you need to know.

Spark Of Spirit

I live in Canada and there's snow everywhere.

That is all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I don't even know where I live.  Is it Chicago, Illinois?  Or is it Boise, Idaho?  The world may never know.

Regardless, where ever it is I live, I haven't seen much snow this year.  Just lots of cold, which sucks.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daxdiv

It snow yesterday in New York, and as a cart attendant that had to work in that, I hated it. The only bright this was that there was nothing really to do yesterday at work, but at the same time, fighting the cold was tough, especially since the snow was more powdery, and I could barely see what was in front of me.

talonmalon333

I live in PA. That is all.

Here in PA, the snow storm was great. 11.3 inches. 8)

azureskies

Where I am in Massachusetts, we just got some snow. And 80 MPH winds, which made it just that much more awesome.

Angus

Got to experience lots of snow this past week. Car sliding, putting on and taking off chains, driveway and stairway shoveling, sledding, skiing, and staying out in the cold with half-assed gloves and jackets.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Neomysterion X. Prime

My area has been getting dumped with the white stuff nearly every week or so. I can still see a lot of snow piled up in my back yard.
I'm expected to get more later this week.  :drool:

Angus

I'm wondering if the "carry chains" thing is specific to California or whether other parts of the country/world do the same? Do you ever need to put chains on snow tires?

They're expecting snow down to 500 feet tonight. Heh.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Commode

I'm so glad that I don't live in Chicagoland anymore, watching the Weather Channel and they are getting hit pretty hard right now.  I experienced it last year and the year before, fuck that shit.

Meanwhile in VA, it's been somewhat cold lately, but not too bad, and I haven't seen a single speck of snow.

EDIT: Why are they playing an instrumental version of "What I Got" in the background?  Weird.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Reno actually had its very first snowstorm of the season this past weekend, and it wasn't much to write home about (2-3 inches down here, maybe a foot or so up in the mountains). I still can't believe I'm saying this in the middle of January; usually by now, we've had at least 1-2 big storms, and a few other small ones on top of that.

...and of course, it isn't going to last; by Wednesday, it's already supposed to be back up to 65 degrees or so. I don't quite know what to think of this winter so far; I guess I'm glad that's it been so warm because these temperatures are much nicer than 20-30 degrees, but I really hope this doesn't mean we're going to have a shitty summer now. Usually, a warm winter around here means a cold/rainy summer, so I'm not looking forward to that if the trend continues.

Daxdiv

I just love how most the snow that hit my neighborhood on Saturday is now melted away from the rain I had on Monday. Mother Nature, you just got to love her.