Dilbert: The Animated Series

Started by Kiddington, July 27, 2011, 03:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Anyone here watch/remember this? The TV adaptation to the Dilbert comic strips aired on the late and not-so-great UPN, lasting two seasons and topping out at about 30-episodes total. And there's your history lesson.  :drool:

...anyway, I bought the Complete Series DVD way back in January-ish out of sheer curiosity, and I've actually been really enjoying it so far. If you like the comic strips, you can dive right in and not be disappointed with an off-the-mark translation from print to film; it's a pretty faithful adaptation, as far as the character personalities go, the writing, etc. etc. The voice-acting is also excellent, IMO, with much of the cast channeling these characters just as you'd imagine them to sound from reading the comics (Jason Alexander voicing Catbert was a brilliant casting call, for one).

Even if you're not a fan of the comics, I'd suggest giving it a shot; for a short-run series, it's pretty good. If you're not into slapping down $20 for a DVD set in unknown television territory, most (if not all) of the episodes can be found on Youtube, for your viewing pleasure.

...oh, and uh, yeah; did I mention that Jerry Seinfeld guest stars in one episode as an evil computer bent on taking over the world?

Mr. Big

I think I like watching individual scenes/gags present in the show more than watching an entire episode start to finish, but it was pretty good. I thought the characters were better here than in the comic it's based off on.

On a side-note, I have an animation cel from the Merger episode. I think this was one of the last shows to be painted on cels before being replaced with digital coloring.

Avaitor

I saw some of the show way back on UPN, but I haven't seen any of it in years. Like the comic strips though, but even those I don't keep up with.

Some day I'd like to watch some of it again.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/