Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 27, 2011, 05:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

I watched the season finale tonight, it was a good finale. Not spectacular, but good. Splinter's fight with Shredder was really cool. If it didn't have to be inter cut with the Turtles fighting the Kraang the choreography would have stood out a bit more. Everyone was right about Karai. I liked the part where April in a daze said "You're my hero." to Donnie.  :thumbup:

Next season looks like it'll be good. I can't wait to see how they handle Casey Jones since he was only in for like ten seconds in the teasers they played. I'm really looking forward to how Mutagen Man's story plays out with his personal connection to Donatello.

Oh, and I REALLY hope Rat King gets more episodes next season. By far the best version of him, and one of the very few characters I thought sucked in the 2k3 series as opposed to the 80s series.

Peanutbutter

The second season has been very good so far. That episode with Slash was great, his fights with the Turtles was brutal. It's good that he's more cunning and not just a dumb lug like in the 80s series. Casey Jones's vigilante attire is awesome.

Also, they finally answered why the Kraang are obsessed with capturing April. That episode had a lot of freakishness going on.

Spark Of Spirit

Complete Season 1 and 2 coming to DVD this fall.

Considering that's 52 episodes, that's quite a lot.

Also, the show is getting a fourth season which will allow it to crack 100 episodes. That makes TMNT a franchises that has now had three shows to make it over 100 episodes apiece. Pretty impressive!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

That really is. Is this version any good?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

From what I've caught, it is. It has wacky comedy like the first show, but more grounded with more action like the second show.

I've got a friend that's a pretty big fan and he seems to like it the best of all three shows.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I'll probably end up checking it out then. I probably would have gotten into it sooner if it weren't for the wacky character designs. CG, I don't mind, since I loved the movie.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

That will have been a good run for it, but I'd be surprised that it is ending so soon. It is a pretty good series too.

Then again, it is Nick.

Daikun

Nick is premiering ANOTHER new TMNT series next year.

QuoteThe third new series is Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (working title, 26 episodes), a 2D-animated reimagining of the global TMNT franchise. Slated for this fall, the series follows the famous half-shell heroes as they discover a magical new world beneath the streets of New York City.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on March 03, 2017, 01:00:43 AM
Nick is premiering ANOTHER new TMNT series next year.

QuoteThe third new series is Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (working title, 26 episodes), a 2D-animated reimagining of the global TMNT franchise. Slated for this fall, the series follows the famous half-shell heroes as they discover a magical new world beneath the streets of New York City.

Anything about if this is a reboot or a sequel series yet?

Daikun

Nope. That's all the info we're given.

Peanutbutter

Whichever it is, I really hope they plan on changing that title. Its one thing to have it in film, but any TV series containing the phrase "Rise of the" in the title is ridiculous.

Daikun

The final season begins March 19. Well, that's a quick hiatus; season 4 just ended.

I guess they wanna burn through this before starting the next series.