Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 27, 2011, 05:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Since Nick is getting its very own TMNT show (since it now owns the IP), lets discuss how it is coming along here.

Is anyone looking forward to this? Have Trepidations? Or maybe you're like me and just hope they give the videogames to somebody worth a damn.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I dunno, to be honest that report didn't really tell me anything new about thsi show. If anything that's what is annoying me about it- the absolute glacial pace of information leakage.

All in all, I just want it to be a fun action-packed show. We seem to be getting less and less of them these days.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Goldstar

I'm not "feeling" the idea of Donatello having a crush on a teenage April O'Neil (Gawd, I can see the pointless shipper fanfics now!), but I'm going to wait until I see/know more about this new TMNT series before passing judgment.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

I saw a photo of the new character designs in this week's EW. Wow the CG looks crappy.

Also, why did they get Rob Paulson back... to play Donatello?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

I haven't been following this too closely but I saw some toys the other day. Did they turn April into a high school student or something? :whuh:

Goldstar

Quote from: Eddy on August 15, 2012, 12:43:15 AM
I haven't been following this too closely but I saw some toys the other day. Did they turn April into a high school student or something? :whuh:

Yeah, April is a teenager in this series, and Donatello apparently has a crush on her.  :wth:  Personally, I don't think that the Ninja Turtles should ever try to "get with" human females. They're turtles!
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Goldstar on August 15, 2012, 12:27:33 PM
Quote from: Eddy on August 15, 2012, 12:43:15 AM

Yeah, April is a teenager in this series, and Donatello apparently has a crush on her.  :wth:  Personally, I don't think that the Ninja Turtles should ever try to "get with" human females. They're turtles!
Sometimes, the shell happens to be a tad tight.

Spark Of Spirit

Eddy

I hope they turn the Shredder into a punk rock goth kid.

Avaitor

I'm sorry, but I'm still annoyed that Paulson is voicing Don instead of Ralph. I don't even care about anything else on the show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Is the pie-fucker still voicing Leonardo? I still find that weird.

Also, I find it interesting that 2 different voices for Raph are in this not being Raph as well. Rob Paulson and Nolan North.

Spark Of Spirit

So this premiered on Saturday. Did anyone else watch it?

Peanutbutter

I did! It was great. I like Splinter's design, I thought it made him look slightly imposing and distinguished. All the turtles have different designs that reflect their personalities. Michelangelo is pretty funny in this one. Raphael is a nice balance of the sarcastic Raph from the 80s and the gruff tough guy he was in the 2k3 version. Donatello's crush on April is a little bit odd, but at least she's a teenager so it's not creepy to me.  Even Leonardo has nice new side to his character with his love of sci-fi shows.

The best thing is that they showed the turtles not being perfectly in step with each other yet, as Splinter trained them as individuals instead of as a team. And boy, did it show. This leaves them plenty of good room for development as themselves and as the crime-fighting squad we all know and love. That alone makes this series seem promising.

Only flaw I would say so far is that the villains were a little bit weak, but that will hopefully be rectified when Shredder and the rest of the turtles' rogues gallery show up. Not sure about Kevin Michael Richardson as Shredder yet, but we'll see.

So yeah, I'm liking it.  :D

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I think it definitely has potential. It was more comedic than 2K3, but more serious than the original show, so given enough time it could really meld into something great. As it is right now, it's a decent framework but where it goes from here will be the real test.