Batman: The Animated Series

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 07:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Best superhero show ever? Or just best show ever?

The debate rages on.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

SSJ Jake

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm going to be honest and say that I feel that Gargoyles managed to slightly surpass BTAS for me, if only because its quality was more consistent, whereas BTAS had plenty of golden episodes, but also had its fair share of duds, IMO. That doesn't make it any less of a magnificent show, though. Its probably the most well-crafted show of its time, and when factoring Gargoyles out of the equation, then yeah, I could see it being called the best show ever.

Avaitor

Cut out some of the Avalon episodes, and I'll probably agree with you.

Still, at it's best, there's no topping BTAS.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm hoping you meant "post-Avalon" episodes. I loved the actual Avalon arc, but I felt that the post-Avalon arc was way too dragged out, and it was the only time where I felt that the series was steadily dropping in quality, and I just wanted it all to end. I didn't think that it ever would until they FINALLY made it back to Manhattan. Of course, all of this would be much better discussion for a specific thread meant for Gargoyles, so I'll wait until that thread is created, or maybe end up creating it myself at some point, eventually.

Anyways, one of my favorite BTAS episodes has to be Beware the Gray Ghost. I really liked the idea of Bruce's former hero literally coming back to help him, in some way, but I really liked how they presented the theme of a washed up actor who only played the role of a hero actually getting to be a real hero, for once in his life. It was just a very touching episode for me, overall, and it still perfectly fit the Batman theme set by the show.

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 27, 2010, 10:12:15 PM
I'm hoping you meant "post-Avalon" episodes. I loved the actual Avalon arc, but I felt that the post-Avalon arc was way too dragged out, and it was the only time where I felt that the series was steadily dropping in quality, and I just wanted it all to end. I didn't think that it ever would until they FINALLY made it back to Manhattan. Of course, all of this would be much better discussion for a specific thread meant for Gargoyles, so I'll wait until that thread is created, or maybe end up creating it myself at some point, eventually.
By Avalon, I meant the journey home for Goliath, Eliza, and Angela. Some great stuff in there, but a lot of filler. The actual "Avalon" episodes were brilliant.

But yeah, we should make a Gargoyles thread soon. Maybe wait for GregX to join or something.

Anyways, one of my favorite BTAS episodes has to be Beware the Gray Ghost. I really liked the idea of Bruce's former hero literally coming back to help him, in some way, but I really liked how they presented the theme of a washed up actor who only played the role of a hero actually getting to be a real hero, for once in his life. It was just a very touching episode for me, overall, and it still perfectly fit the Batman theme set by the show.
I love that one, too. I especially like how both Adam West and Bruce Timm had roles in it. They helped make an already special episode even more special.

New blog!

talonmalon333

While a close competition for me, I have to say it's the best super hero show ever. Although some of the later episodes in the later arcs were noticeably weaker.

Avaitor

Killer Croc's voice actor died

From everything I've seen or heard the guy in, Croc included, he's always been talented, so it's a shame to lose him. I'm probably going to watch either "Vendetta" or "Almost Got 'Im" now.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

That's some sad news. However, I really hope no Batman show in the future continues to try this style of Batman. You can't top it and it's already been done, do something else.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Adam West voice acted in that episode? Wow, how could I be so dumb to not even know that. But yeah, that was a nice episode.
I still have a lot more Gargoyles episodes to watch but Batman is of course my favorite out of the two. Oh and Xanatos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jackal.
Quote from: Avaitor on December 27, 2010, 10:15:33 PM
By Avalon, I meant the journey home for Goliath, Eliza, and Angela. Some great stuff in there, but a lot of filler. The actual "Avalon" episodes were brilliant.

But yeah, we should make a Gargoyles thread soon. Maybe wait for GregX to join or something.

I love that one, too. I especially like how both Adam West and Bruce Timm had roles in it. They helped make an already special episode even more special.
That reminds me. Timm and Lauren Mongomery had a role in Crisis On Two Earths. Go watch it, bitches.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 12, 2011, 01:12:50 PM
How can you be dumb enough to not mention Adam West even once?

Because its common knowledge you fuck-tard. Apparently you're the only one on Earth who doesn't know that Adam West guest-starred in that episode, dumb-ass.

gunswordfist

Nice try but you're just covering up your lack of knowledge of Adam West's awesomeness with bullshittery.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Uhhhh....Nice try, but it looks mighty stupid when you're the one who flat out admitted that you weren't sure of Adam West's involvement in that episode when you had to quote my post and ask me to confirm it, dumb-ass. Good job trying to cover it up, though, but it doesn't work when we all know you're an idiot. Still, I can't believe that even YOU of all people didn't know Adam West was in that episode, what an idiot.

gunswordfist

:wth: Anyway, my favorite episodes are the Two-Face two parter. That's why he's my favorite Batvillains and that's one of the best origin stories period.