Rudy's got the chalk, a chalk a chalk ChalkZone

Started by Kiddington, July 31, 2011, 04:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

...sooooo, yeah; I'm actually watching this on Nicktoons right now (it's late, and there's nothing else on; sue me). I've come to the conclusion that if it weren't for Skrawl, nobody on this show would have any personality... and even then, Jim Cummings is about 80% of what makes this character decent anyway (his jokes and lines are terrible, but Cummings voice makes it work). Even Snap is as boring and cardboard as they come... which, is pretty pathetic, considering he is supposed to be the comic relief here.

One of Nick's worst, which goes without saying; not so much in the "incredibly lame like Rocket Power" sense, but more along the lines of the "so boring it should be an FDA approved cure for insomnia" sense. With that said, let us discuss!  :happytime:

...oh yeah, I almost forgot; as boring as this show is, you can't deny the badass opening theme.

Foggle

UGH

I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS STUPID SHOW

WHY U DO DIS?

Katie Holt

Don't care what anyone thinks, ChalkZone was, is and will always be awesome.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

Dr. Insomniac

Always thought the creators massively underexplored the concept of the show. I mean, you have a kid who's thrown into a dimension where he suddenly has the power to create and destroy anything he pleases. And all you do is give him a little chalk friend and have him go on dime-store adventures?

Avaitor

God, Candy Milo blows. Snap, Coco, Cheese, and late Dexter. Such a horrible range.

I have to agree with Insommy that this was an underdeveloped idea for a series. Could've had potential, but went nowhere fast.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on July 31, 2011, 11:09:23 AM
God, Candy Milo blows. Snap, Coco, Cheese, and late Dexter. Such a horrible range.
Heh, I was actually going to mention something like this, but it slipped my mind.

...anyway, yeah; she sucks. And you know that I have tremendous respect for voice actors, so if it were just one or two bad roles on her resume that we're talking about here, I'd understand. But no... nearly every role that she's ever done is absolute garbage. The fact that I have to single out the Teacher/Mom from Cow & Chicken as my favorite Candi Milo voice is pretty sad.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 31, 2011, 10:40:09 AM
Always thought the creators massively underexplored the concept of the show. I mean, you have a kid who's thrown into a dimension where he suddenly has the power to create and destroy anything he pleases. And all you do is give him a little chalk friend and have him go on dime-store adventures?
Agreed.

The concept was great and pretty unique, IMO (even if the existence and/or use of chalkboards was highly exaggerated), and I still love that opening/closing theme... but that's pretty much where everything stops. The adventures are boring, the characters are boring... everything is just so tedious and boring about this show, it's any wonder they actually squeezed 42 episodes out of it.

Katie Holt

Quote from: Avaitor on July 31, 2011, 11:09:23 AM
WAT.

Honestly she's only done maybe one I didn't like, but that was only because it was Loonatics Unleashed.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

Avaitor

Seriously, everything I can think of that she's done gives me a headache. There are few voice actors that I actively dislike, but she's up there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Not the worst Nicktoon, but this is a real snoozer. Like everyone already said, a good concept that isn't really explored much at all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

ToonFaithful

Show was pretty boring. Can't blame Nickelodeon for death-slotting it.