"Back to the Future" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Avaitor, July 31, 2011, 01:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

"Doc... are you telling me you built a TIME MACHINE... out of a DeLorean?!?"

Release Date: July 3, 1985
Studio: Universal/Amblin
Director: Robert Zemeckis
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Starring: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson

Plot Summary: Marty McFly, a typical American teenager of the Eighties, is accidentally sent back to 1955 in a plutonium-powered DeLorean "time machine" invented by slightly mad scientist "Doc" Emmitt Brown. During his often hysterical, always amazing trip back in time, Marty must make certain his teenage parents-to-be meet and fall in love - so he can get back to the future.

COMMENTS?

Stolen from Dalek.

Let me just say that "The Power of Love" is the best song ever written for a film. And I've started up my summer viewing of the trilogy now. Part 1 is as fun as ever. Easily in the top 5 most quotable films ever made.

And before you start comparing part 1 to the sequels, be warned that I'm doing the whole trilogy. Part 2 will be up tomorrow, with more comments.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

You're a slacker McFly. Your old man was a slacker too.

Spark Of Spirit

So pissed that they botched the showing here for the re-release. We waited three hours but because of stupid DRM issues they couldn't even change theaters for us to watch it.

The reason I was pissed is because this is one of my favorite films of all time. An adventure with a lot of heart and good comedy, and a pretty unique usage of time travel. Missing the chance to see this on the actual big screen was such a disappointment to me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Ronald Reagan? The actor? Then who's Vice-President, Jerry Lewis? I suppose Jane Wyman is the first lady! And Jack Benny is the Secretary of Treasure!

Yep, pretty good movie. I loved the re-release they did for this movie and love the poster that came with it.

Daikun

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody