Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Wonder what era this one will be emulating? The 1960s? Modern era?

Here's hoping they have someone like Aaron Ehatz in charge of the story this time. Korra was okay overall, but season 2 was a HUGE blunder while season 4 was mediocre.

Dr. Insomniac

George Harrison came back to life to tell us about Avatar's production history.

Dr. Insomniac

I wasn't expecting much, but I was picturing something more like the Hound from Game of Thrones instead of a birthmark that Zuko could easily solve with some makeup.

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Obviously, keeping Ozai in the shadows until the final season would never work since Daniel Dae Kim's been a household face for a while, but looking at him here, I just see his character from The Good Doctor but in cosplay.

Daikun

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Saw the trailer, and I don't know how to feel. What annoys me is how in a couple ways, it almost looks cheaper than the Shyamalan movie.

Dr. Insomniac

So... yeah, some of the interviews this week regarding removing Sokka's character arc and changing up Aang's stances are concerning. Hoping for the crew's sake that it's just bad wording, even if nothing so far has gotten me hyped in particular and I'm just waiting to see what they'll screw up. The thing is I wouldn't want a 1:1 adaptation since if that was the case, I already have the cartoon for that, but none of the changes so far sound like they're for the better.

At least the cast seem to be having fun.

Avaitor

Yeah, I'm not a fan of book report adaptations either, but I'm also not a fan of overcorrecting to this extent for a story that doesn't need that many changes to begin with. Although I'll be honest, I don't see why we need a live-action version of the series to begin with aside to wash away the aftertaste of Shyamalan.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I admit, there are parts of ATLA I wish could have been spruced up, taken out, or explored more. Hell, a couple days ago, I was ranting on Discord on how lame Ozai was as a villain and how little Fire Nation nobility resembles real-life royal families either now or in the ancient times. Which ironically means that the tweets promising this version of ATLA will be "more like Game of Thrones" is meant to appeal to blowhards like me.

Though it is highly concerning that morality tales from the cartoon, morality tales that were meant to be digestible for 8-year-olds, apparently flew over the heads of the execs if they're interpreting it that way.

But we'll see when it premieres.

Daikun

Tney're finally making an animated movie...a trilogy, in fact.

They should've just done this instead of wasting their time with M. Night and Netflix.
And no, this won't be another recap of the series. These will be set between the timeline of TLA and Korra.