Rugrats

Started by SSJ Jake, December 27, 2010, 07:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Did anyone see the Vacation episode from season 4?

Avaitor

Yeah, I remember renting the tape. I wanted to when it came out, but I got in trouble that day, so my mom made me wait a couple of weeks first.

/random anecdote nobody asked for
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on September 21, 2014, 06:38:43 PM
Yeah, I remember renting the tape. I wanted to when it came out, but I got in trouble that day, so my mom made me wait a couple of weeks first.

:D

I got the tape, too. What'd you think of the episode?

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 21, 2014, 06:44:41 PM

I remember liking it fine as a kid. When I saw the episode a couple of years ago on 90's Are All That, I still thought that it was pretty cute.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on September 21, 2014, 06:49:38 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 21, 2014, 06:44:41 PM

I remember liking it fine as a kid. When I saw the episode a couple of years ago on 90's Are All That, I still thought that it was pretty cute.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. I liked it as a kid, and thought it was pretty cute rewatching it a few years ago, which probably makes it on par with the absolute best from season 4.

talonmalon333

Last night, The Carwash and Heat Wave aired on TV.

Also, what do you guys think of the Passover episode?

LumRanmaYasha

I always liked it as a kid, but it's been years since I watched it, so I don't know how I feel about it now. I always appreciated Rugrats made specials for normally untouched holidays like Passover, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa, though.

Avaitor

I've always appreciated their Jewish holiday episodes, both since Passover and Hanukkah are often ignored in the media, and since they're both pretty entertaining from what I recall.

New blog!

talonmalon333

The Passover episode was on recently, and yes, it's still very good.

talonmalon333

What would you guys say are the best episodes of the series (not necessarily in order)?

Speedy

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 16, 2014, 08:06:17 PM
What would you guys say are the best episodes of the series (not necessarily in order)?
Let's see...

"Baseball":  One of the best "Tommy wanders off" episodes from season 1.

"The Trial":  "Not the jury; the JERKY!"

"Chuckie vs. the Potty":  "Awwww, this is just pwecious."  "Maybe you could just stop pooping altogether.  "...And that's just gross."

"Family Feud":  "Dances With Wolves."  "I'm not that familiar with musicals."  "It isn't a musical, you imbecile!"

"A Visit From Lipschitz":  "It's not a mommy, it's a baby!"

"What the Big People Do":  Apparently grown-ups push office papers with a broom all day.

"The Santa Experience":  "Even the Easter Bunny started giving presents until Santa slapped him with a lawsuit."

"The Case of the Missing Rugrat":  "Is that a threat?!"

"Game Show Didi":  "Millard Filmore.  (passes out)"

"The Legend of Satchmo":  The trumpet player?

"Rhinoceritis":  "Angelica, you're the one with rhinoplasty!"

"Angelica Breaks a Leg":  Stu, why are you making chocolate pudding?

"Stu Gets a Job":  Disco Stu!

"Give & Take":  A kid should be outside, not up in his room boppin' his boppo!

"Home Movies":  Good variety of art styles.

"Naked Tommy":  "Lil, can I ask you a question??"

"In the Dreamtime":  "I'M NOT STU!!!!!!"

"Spike Runs Away":  "Didi, come quick, the gerbils have reproduced!!"

"Angelica's Worst Nightmare":  Num nums!

"Pickles vs. Pickles":  "I'm a good father!  I'm a good father!  I'm a good father!  I'm a good father!"

"The Sky is Falling":  Never thought I'd see an "after the end" plot in a kid's cartoon.

"No More Cookies":  G-rated alcoholism.

Avaitor

I'm a little late, but apparently The 90's Are All That is airing a mini-Chuckie themed marathon tonight.

New blog!

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on August 19, 2016, 07:06:56 PM
R.I.P. Stu Pickles

Dang, never knew the guy who played him was already old when Rugrats was on. A bit sad, but he lived a long life.

LumRanmaYasha

Another iconic voice lost. I feel compelled to rewatch some of the best Stu moments now. R.I.P.