Rugrats

Started by SSJ Jake, December 27, 2010, 07:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

He was great on The Bob Newhart Show, as well.

RIP
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Avaitor

Sounds nice, but I won't believe it until I see a more formal announcement. The last time someone in the know shared information like this on social media, it turned out to be a dud (Greenblatt "revealing" a new Zim movie on tumblr).
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Original writers or bust.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Only if they accept my pitch where the Rugrats are nihilstic twenty somethings who've just begun to realize their lives peaked when they were one.

Daikun

The show is finally getting the proper DVD treatment it deserves.

Seasons 1 & 2 releasing May 2.

Spark Of Spirit

Why the heck did this take so long?

Anyway, this is great. Now we just need season 3 and they can stop for all I care.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 01, 2017, 04:00:41 PMWhy the heck did this take so long?

They had that deal with Amazon all those years ago for the MOD DVDs.

Avaitor

From what I've read, those MODs were worse than nothing.

I'm going to get these for sure. I just want the pre-Dil seasons, and then I'm good.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

I think I'll need to rewatch some of the show before I decide to get these. I have fond memories of a lot of moments, but it's been a long time since I've seen any of it and I don't know if it holds up for me as well as other 90's Nicktoons have.

Spark Of Spirit

In my opinion, the first 65 episodes hold up really well. That was with the original staff and creative team though. After it was revived due to the popularity of reruns it pretty much lost all appeal. Even if you liked those later episodes back in the day, they are very hard to go back to now. They just didn't age well at all.

Daikun

Avaitor

Seasons 3 and 4 are coming out in Feb.

I got the first 2 sets, but haven't really used them yet. That said, I'll probably get these as well. Conventional wisdom is that the first 65 episodes are the only good ones, but I watched a lot of the show when 90's Are All That started up years ago, and found the first couple of revival seasons entertaining, too. Especially the specials made in between cancelation and revival. I'll probably stop collecting when Dil joins up.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

The first 65 episodes were done by the original staff. After that the show's tone and direction changed because new people came in. Some people like them, but I tried rewatching much of the series a few years back and the episodes past the first 65 just didn't hit the mark. It feels like a different show.