Rugrats

Started by SSJ Jake, December 27, 2010, 07:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSJ Jake

I know this show has gotten a lot of flack with Klasky-Csupo traditionally lumpy character designs, but these days it's been really fucking lulzy. From Drew Pickles being a man raping faggot (you can thank a group your's truly was part of for that) to Stu making chocolate pudding to FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIFTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN MIIIIIIIIIIILES, this show is a neverending meme generator.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Spark Of Spirit

Eh, I always liked the stuff up to the first movie, but that's about it. The later stuff has the babies being 'too stupid', as hard as that is to get across.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Neomysterion X. Prime

So glad that the series is back on Nick, but for how long?
That's the question. At least I'm watching it every morning this week at 9AM EST/6AM PST.

SSJ Jake

Quote from: Desensitized on December 27, 2010, 08:01:26 PM
Eh, I always liked the stuff up to the first movie, but that's about it. The later stuff has the babies being 'too stupid', as hard as that is to get across.

I agree actually. Dill was really annoying and gross, and the babies mispronouncing words that they were able to pronounce correctly in previous seasons was stupid. But even then, the adults on the show are what made me laugh the most.

Avaitor

The first two movies are still really good, but I don't care much for the show after Dil.

I can watch just about anything from the first 5 seasons at any given time, though. Maybe even some stuff from after that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Does the Barney Bunch still exist?

I remember that shit from, like, five years ago on Newgrounds, goddamn.

SSJ Jake

Barely. Most of use are all still pals, but were not doing anything right now.

Daxdiv

Rugrats was a pretty good show back in the day, though for some reason, I thought the show went down hill when Kimmi/Kimi/Kimy/etc, came in. I didn't like her as a character and all she basically was just that hyper kid you see with everyone else. I didn't care for Dil, since basically he was just there and added nothing, he couldn't really interact with anyone else due to his age, and he couldn't move around.

Avaitor

I still maintain that Kimi was made to be a girl Tommy. I liked that Chuckie finally found himself a mommy, but they should have just ended the series with Rugrats in Paris.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on December 27, 2010, 08:01:26 PM

Eddy

The first three seasons of Rugrats were excellent. Really, rewatching them recently on Netflix, it was a very well done cartoon with some great writing.

Everything season four and beyond, however, is unwatchable. It honestly amazes me how quickly that show went from great to shit. And the shit lasted for seven seasons. And they somehow found ways to make it even worse with each new season.

And don't get me started on All Grown Up.

Spark Of Spirit

The theme song to All Grown Up makes me cringe every time I hear it. It sounds so forced.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

All Grown Up was legitimately painful to watch. Good lord. :unimpressed:

Avaitor

And it's a good thing they only aged the babies in one special and never tried a series out of that. The movies were bad enough, but man, that would have sucked... :humhumhum:

Next thing you know, a few years after Ren & Stimpy ended, John K would get the rights back to the characters and make his own show with them by his own rules. That would have been kind of intriguing to watch, actually...

New blog!

Lord Dalek

Seasons 2 and 3 are easily the best things Klasky-Csupo ever did. After the hiatus, it seemed like they were trying too hard.