Rugrats

Started by SSJ Jake, December 27, 2010, 07:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Even then, though, the first 3 seasons aren't on Netflix anymore.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

Yeah, it's like Nick is doing the ultimate "fuck you". They removed the only three good seasons and they don't seem to be available on a decent quality DVD. So why remove them in the first place? Why leave all the shitty seasons?

Rynnec

Possibly because the show was in the peak of its popularity and merchandising during the shitty seasons, and Nick thinks those are the ones people want?

Avaitor

During the second run of the show on 90's Are All That, they skipped a LOT of episodes from the first 3 episodes, which they already neglected to air parts of the first and third seasons and the aforementioned half of season two in its first run, to go to a nearly uninterrupted run of the later episodes.

They do stop their runs a couple of episodes into the last season, but it's still inexcusable.

And the later episodes being more popular is an obvious fallacy. The first 3 seasons have the greatest percentage of the most memorable episodes- the Passover special, "Chuckie Vs the Potty", "Touchdown Tommy", "I Remember Melville", "The Santa Experience" etc.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

Yeah, the show really wasn't that big of hit until the mid 90s, right around the time both Ren and Stimpy and Doug(as well as, coincidentally, Rocko) were ending their runs on Nick.  I think the resurrection episodes are probably remembered a little bit more by people than the original run episodes.

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Eddy

I tried watching some post-season 3 episodes the other day and I just... can't. It's just so bad. The "dumbing down" of the babies (which is kind of funny when you think about it) really hurt the show and having the mispronounce every other word was more annoying than it was cute.

And these aren't even Dil episodes yet. The show got even worse when he came around. And don't get me started on Kimi.

Mr. Big

I just rewatched "Angelica Breaks a Leg" and I still maintain that this is the best episode of the show. One thing that's interesting about this episode is that, even though Angelica is the focus, the story is really told from the grown-ups point of view, in this case Stu and Didi. It's especially evident when you realize that Tommy only appears in one scene and none of the other babies are present.

I love how the two became more tense each passing day, to the point that Stu was just one step away from going insane. Then again, when you're forced to go to the store and buy chocolate pudding at three in the morning...

Avaitor

Whoever doesn't think it's a classic has lost control of their life.

New blog!

Eddy

Rewatching the first three seasons as an adult I've decided Stu really is the best character. He's just so hilarious.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on August 19, 2012, 04:06:47 PM
Possibly because the show was in the peak of its popularity and merchandising during the shitty seasons, and Nick thinks those are the ones people want?
The show actually got big when the original run finished in syndication. That's when they ordered new episodes and when it plummeted downhill to the point where no one watched it anymore.

The original run is the reason the show had any sort of popularity- if the show started with season 4, nobody would remember it I'm sure.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Just caught the tail-end of a post-10th anniversary episode where the Amanda Bynes-voiced babysitter dumps a guy because he didn't love trash or something.

This show fell hard.

Dr. Insomniac

Says a lot when Taffy didn't even make a cameo on All Grown Up.

Rynnec

Another episode had her taking the Rugrats (I refuse to call them "Mini's") to the Arcade. Really, I'm all for introducing young children to videogames and all, but WTF?

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 28, 2012, 12:41:23 AM
Says a lot when Taffy didn't even make a cameo on All Grown Up.

She was obviously just in the show to give Amanda Bynes a role in one of their biggest franchise's at the time.

talonmalon333

I recently rewatched the original All Growed Up television special. Despite a few issues, it ended up being better than I expected.

Avaitor

The special wasn't that bad, but one thing that really annoys me about the whole thing is that they really expect us to believe that in the 10 years since the show took place, NONE of the parents ever had more kids.

I know that they didn't want to mess with the status quo too much, but that takes a lot to believe. You'd especially think that Chaz would want to stick it in with Kira after getting married.

New blog!