Invader Zim

Started by Commode, December 27, 2010, 05:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Daikun

FoxKidsLover16

I'm excited for the new movie. Hopefully Minimoose will have a more prominent role.

Also, I loved this show. Great stuff. One episode that really stood out for me was the Room with a Moose one. I watched that episode so much.

I noticed they barely used the Skool kids in the show. That episode I listed seems to be the one they were in the most.

Avaitor

It's surprising to see this come out before Static Cling, but I'm still excited. Zim still has some unfinished business in my eyes, and I'm happy to finally get to it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Daikun

Enter the Florpus is coming August 16!

Dr. Insomniac

Now compared to Static Cling, I really liked this. It made me feel like an edgy little 10-year-old watching Zim episodes for the first time again.

I wasn't sure at first because the animation wasn't as good in the first act, and all the voice actors seemed like they were trying to find their roles again, but it picks up quick once Zim's plan unfolds. You can actually hear Richard Steven Horvitz getting his groove back as the movie goes on, ironically during the part where Zim's at his emotional low point. Enter the Florpus also makes the interesting point of taking as much from the comics as it does the TV show, like a comic-original character showing up and Dib's family dynamic becoming more, well, familial. Anyone who got turned off by the later episodes of the original run where it was episode after episode of characters being cruel to Dib (like Gaz, Taster of Pork) will find the last act a nice surprise.

Dr. Insomniac