SpongeBob SquarePants

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 27, 2010, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

And it's a shame because only 4-5 of those 20+ years will have been any good, unless the show miraculously goes uphill.

Spark Of Spirit

It might, if Hillenburg knows what he's doing when he goes back.

But yeah, Spongebob will not go the way of Rugrats. That was another property they let fall into obscurity because they could afford to let it. They can't do that again.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 12, 2015, 03:06:08 PM
It might, if Hillenburg knows what he's doing when he goes back.

But yeah, Spongebob will not go the way of Rugrats. That was another property they let fall into obscurity because they could afford to let it. They can't do that again.

SpongeBob also reached a level of success that Rugrats couldn't touch.

As for Hillenburg, he did say he's coming back but we don't know what he's going to be doing. It's also worth nothing that, even if he's back, most of the original writers still aren't. He could possibly bring some life back to the series, but I'm not convinced SpongeBob will get good again. But I do think that Nickelodeon is still comfortable with SpongeBob.

gunswordfist

you just had to bring up scooby...ugh. i hope sb does not get that bad.

edit: and i have no faith in sbsp being great again. the show is so bad that it has made me spontaneously nervous whenever newer episodes of shows from, from king of the hill to futurama to king of queens, lol
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

So, I saw the movie. That has got to be the most WTF thing I've seen in a long time. I enjoyed it immensely.

Spark Of Spirit

I guess that would by default make it better than most of the recent episodes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 02, 2015, 01:09:36 PM
I guess that would by default make it better than most of the recent episodes.

Likely "all". :P

LumRanmaYasha

It most certainly is. I honestly think I like it as much as the first movie. Also think it's funnier, actually.

Spark Of Spirit

Sounds interesting. Maybe it'll help breath new life into the show, too.

It needs it.

Mr. Big

Thought I mention this. I did a SpongeBob Comic for the April issue. It's one page, likely to appear in the back cover.

Anyway, it's gonna be in this issue.

LumRanmaYasha

Cool, man! I'll keep an eye out for it.  :)

Spark Of Spirit

Daxdiv

Cool, I think my local comic shop sells Spongebob comics so I might pick this up.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mr. Big

"SpongeBob Comics" #43 comes out this Wednesday. I'm pointing this out because I have a one page comic with SpongeBob and Squidward appearing in the back pages.

This is my first time professionally drawing a comic based on a licensed cartoon, so I'm pretty stoked about it.