Phineas & Ferb

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 12, 2011, 11:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryPotter

I like Stacy.

That is all.

Angus

They do break into song more than I expect for a cartoon, although that's current tween Disney for you.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Goldstar

Phineas & Ferb is a potentially good idea, but the show suffers from the Johnny Test syndrome of rehashing the same plot(s) again and again and again. I mean, it's basically the same thing every time. It also doesn't help how now there has to be a song in every episode.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Spark Of Spirit

I think the weird thing as that the songs aren't really all that good. They frequently just feel under-thought and undercooked.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Apparently this was posted on Olivia Olson (Vanessa Doofenshrimtz) Instagram before taking it down. I don't know how to feel about this in all honesty. On one hand, I kind of liked it and it is a little sad to see it go, but on the other I feel like that Disney could mess this up and have the show take place during after school or some shit.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm going to be honest, Daxdiv. It needs to happen.

I'm a fan of the Perry segments above all (they make the show), but the Phineas & Ferb plots have gotten worse and worse to the point where the last few (Backyard Hodgepodge?) have been downright embarrassing.

School plots would give them a shot in the arm that's desperately needed because from what I've seen the summer well has run dry. So if it's end it or do that, I would prefer either over continuing.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 20, 2012, 05:31:06 PM
I think the weird thing as that the songs aren't really all that good. They frequently just feel under-thought and undercooked.
Since I've said this, I've come around to a few songs. 'Candace Party' is actually hilarious.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2013, 11:17:44 PM

I'm a fan of the Perry segments above all (they make the show), but the Phineas & Ferb plots have gotten worse and worse to the point where the last few (Backyard Hodgepodge?) have been downright embarrassing.

Perry is one of my main reasons as to why I watch P&F. Him, Doof, and Vanessa make the show for me. Though my only real wish was for Perry to have a different villain that Doof. But I can see why P&F segments have lost steam.

Trust me when I say.... I don't know what emotion I will have when Gravity Falls get's hit with the cancel hammer. Provided that GF is still enjoyable/watchable at that point. Though speaking of, I kind of hope that this opens up Gravity Falls being the next big animated series they push. They do have the adult market with that with places like We Love Fine.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 04, 2013, 11:50:42 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 04, 2013, 11:17:44 PM

Perry is one of my main reasons as to why I watch P&F. Him, Doof, and Vanessa make the show for me. Though my only real wish was for Perry to have a different villain that Doof.
They did try to mix it up a few times with the Australian bounty hunter and the Canadian Belgian in the Canada episode and I think it worked out very well. The thing is, I think those episodes sort of proved that Perry is what makes the show so popular.

If they aren't thinking of a Perry spin-off I would be pretty disappointed. There's still a lot of gas in that tank.

Avaitor

Besides the upcoming Marvel special, a Star Wars crossover with the show was just announced.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

hobbyfan

I honestly don't see what's wrong with it, except for a couple of things.

1. Candace is a walking stereotype, always looking to "bust" P & F just because they're actually DOING something while she's being lazy, bored, & disinterested. Let's remember, too, that Ashley Tisdale has another project on the way on a rival network (Sabrina on the Hub), and having an experienced actress in the cast is the best thing for the show.

2. Perry does need to fight someone other than Doc Doofenshmirtz. That's quickly becoming stale. Even Kim Possible had an actual Rogues' Gallery other than that bumbling boob Drakken. Maybe if they spun Perry off.............

The general theme of the show is that P & F are motivated to do something every day. That's the message they're sending to the target audience. Find something to do that's fun on a day-to-day basis. That alone would've qualified P & F for the E/I designation and put it on ABC if Disney wasn't so lazy with the ABC Kids block at the end. Instead, P & F did some throwaway stuff with Brent Musburger at the Little League World Series and some other sporting event a couple of years back that would've been worth more if it meant the show being added to the SatAM ABC block.

It seems Isabella has a crush on Phineas, but he's not paying her any attention, other than doing things for her, like turning her and the Fireside Girls into bees in "Bee Story", but that actually recycled something from "Magic School Bus" nearly 20 years ago.

Hmmm, maybe Povenmire & Marsh should think about another crossover after doing Marvel & Star Wars. Like, maybe P & F teaming with Kim Possible........

LumRanmaYasha

I think the first two seasons of the show were pretty good, but starting with season three the series has gradually become less and less interesting, episodes like "Meepless in Seattle" and "Excaliferb" aside, and season 4 has been just plain boring, and I stopped watching around the beginning of this year and haven't looked back. I can't say I'm sad this might be ending. It's still Disney's longest running cartoon, with more episodes than it probably deserved milking it's same old repetitive plots over and over. I'd say it's time for to move on and look for the next big hit, rather than milk this down to a zombie Simpsons level shell.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: hobbyfan on August 04, 2013, 07:19:08 PM1. Candace is a walking stereotype, always looking to "bust" P & F just because they're actually DOING something while she's being lazy, bored, & disinterested. Let's remember, too, that Ashley Tisdale has another project on the way on a rival network (Sabrina on the Hub), and having an experienced actress in the cast is the best thing for the show.
It doesn't even make sense because she knows they're not being malicious and has in fact many, MANY, times shown that she knows it. So why she keeps doing it just reeks of safe writing in order to keep her in a simple role.

Quote2. Perry does need to fight someone other than Doc Doofenshmirtz. That's quickly becoming stale. Even Kim Possible had an actual Rogues' Gallery other than that bumbling boob Drakken. Maybe if they spun Perry off.............
This was something they actually tried to address by having other villains to fight and usually leaving Doof as his partner (he works well as a sidekick) to stop a newer threat. Unfortunately, they haven't done it enough. The Perry stuff is still the highlight of every episode, even when stale. If they made a show with just him and a brand new rogue gallery, I would watch it.

QuoteThe general theme of the show is that P & F are motivated to do something every day. That's the message they're sending to the target audience. Find something to do that's fun on a day-to-day basis. That alone would've qualified P & F for the E/I designation and put it on ABC if Disney wasn't so lazy with the ABC Kids block at the end. Instead, P & F did some throwaway stuff with Brent Musburger at the Little League World Series and some other sporting event a couple of years back that would've been worth more if it meant the show being added to the SatAM ABC block.
The problem is that they're clearly out of ideas when it comes to something new every episode. The "Backyard Hodgepodge" was pretty embarrassing stuff as was the talking food episode. If the show is ending, then that can only be a good thing.

QuoteHmmm, maybe Povenmire & Marsh should think about another crossover after doing Marvel & Star Wars. Like, maybe P & F teaming with Kim Possible........
I don't see that happening. Once Disney is finished with something, it usually stays that way unless enough people ask for something. Even the Darkwing Duck comic took a lot of work (though that wasn't Disney holding them back, Disney licensees are only interested in movie adaption merchandise for the most part) when that really should have been an obvious idea from day one.

Avaitor

I dunno man, the Lilo & Stitch crossover with Recess came out a couple of years after that was over. And if the Atlantis show was going to be made, there was talk of adding in a Gargoyles crossover in there as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I thought I remember hearing that the L&S crossovers were done while all those shows were in production, they just aired it really late.

But either way,I just don't see KP making a comeback anytime soon.

Avaitor

I don't disagree. If P&F would crossover with any show, it would be Gravity Falls.

Which actually doesn't like a bad idea, now that I think about it.

New blog!