Favorite Disney Movies

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

I also need to get back to rewatching this film. The only time I ever saw it was back when it was first released in theaters. I rarely see this being repeated on TV stations.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daxdiv on January 30, 2012, 12:54:21 PM
I also need to get back to rewatching this film. The only time I ever saw it was back when it was first released in theaters. I rarely see this being repeated on TV stations.
Back when Toon Disney was still on, they showed it somewhat regularly, along with a lot of the other DACs that aren't a part of the Platinum/Diamond line. You know, I still kind of miss that channel. It went to crap when they brought in Jetix, yes, but even then, they still showed some good Disney movies and a few good shows every now and then. I haven't used Disney XD since SSM ended.

I honestly didn't like Hunchback much as a kid. I liked it enough to dress up as Quasimodo for Halloween when it came out, but it was more in the category of Pocahontas and Hercules as a Disney movie I tolerated more because it was Disney than anything. Watching it now, I just think that I didn't understand it back then, because a lot of it isn't really for kids at all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on January 30, 2012, 05:26:32 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on January 30, 2012, 12:54:21 PM
Back when Toon Disney was still on, they showed it somewhat regularly, along with a lot of the other DACs that aren't a part of the Platinum/Diamond line. You know, I still kind of miss that channel. It went to crap when they brought in Jetix, yes, but even then, they still showed some good Disney movies and a few good shows every now and then. I haven't used Disney XD since SSM ended.

By the time I got that channel, the Jetix Days were already kicking in. Shame I never fully experienced Toon Disney except for a few instances where one of my aunts had it. Seemed like a fun channel.

But looking at clips and songs from Hunchback, it felt like a film I didn't get as a child, but probably would understand more. I think most of the shit with Frollo flew over my head. Especially what he was doing with Esmeralda.

Avaitor

Quick, name your favorite Disney movie.

Don't be afraid to post a Pixar, live-action or whatever else kind of film you wanna. Just go!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

If that doesn't count, then The Great Mouse Detective.

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I'll just say Pollyanna as I wait for more answers.

New blog!

Daxdiv

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on April 22, 2012, 10:38:03 PM
Quick, name your favorite Disney movie.

Don't be afraid to post a Pixar, live-action or whatever else kind of film you wanna. Just go!

Avaitor

I watched The Little Mermaid earlier tonight, and curiosity had me watch the first episode of the TV series shortly after. I never really watched this show as a kid, since, well, I'm a boy. I liked the movie fine enough, but that was as much Ariel as I could take. The show was just not a blip on my radar.

And seeing it now, the show looks alright. Disney's TV output from this time was overall solid, and while the animation and songs aren't anywhere on par with the film, this seems to holds up fine with stuff like Goof Troop and Aladdin's show. I don't think I'll watch much more, but it was nice to see some of the show for now.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

The show's pretty decent, but it's basically for people who want more Ariel. Nothing is on par with DuckTales or Talespin or whatever, but it's a fun enough show.

Avaitor

That's pretty much the same thing for Aladdin, but that does have some really good episodes.

New blog!