Favorite Disney Movies

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Of the 50 to make it into Walt's canon, which ones are among your favorites?

I can still watch Lion King, Fantasia, The Great Mouse Detective, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Princess and the Frog, Snow White, and The Emperor's New Groove to this day and never tire of them. Those are all among my personal favorites.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

A Goofy Movie is still my personal favorite, but I'm partial to both Rescuers movies as well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I have a soft spot for Walt Disney's originals. Snow White, Bambi, ESPECIALLY Pinocchio which I also find to be, hands down, their scariest. And more. For Christmas I also got Fantasia which I have not seen in the longest time.

Of the more recent films, I'd have to give the edge to Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. Those two are just plain awesome. And though it was after the golden age and before the renaissance, Alice in Wonderland was also awesome. 8)

Foggle

The Great Mouse Detective was always my favorite, honestly. :joy:

Avaitor

Vincent Price, man. Vincent Price.

Even the man himself admitted that Ratigan was one of his favorite roles.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Vincent Price was such a badass. He made any movie he starred in so much better.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Lion King.

That shall be all for now.

Daxdiv

I have a soft spot for Lilo and Stitch! I kind of liked the dynamic between the two, well that and Elvis.

Though, I do fancy some Aladdin, Lion King, Great Mouse Detective, Emperor's New Groove, and Mulan, to name a few.

SSJ Jake

No one's mentioned the Hunchback of Notre Dame?  :frown:

It, the Lion King, Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast are my favorites.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Neomysterion X. Prime

So many good Disney films, I just can't choose one!
Might as well go with The Lion King and The Goofy Movie.
So many...  :whuh:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: SSJ Jake on December 28, 2010, 02:16:19 AM
No one's mentioned the Hunchback of Notre Dame?  :frown:

Yes....yes, that one too.

That shall be all for now.

Angus

I just listened to The Little Mermaid on the recent road trip so SSJ Jake's sig brought a smile.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

talonmalon333

Last night, for the first time in at least ten year, I re-watched Fantasia. This movie is just... it brings so much nostalgia to me. Plus, it's a poetic masterpiece. :)

No-Personality

Both Sleeping Beauty and Alice in Wonderland are usually tied for my favorites. Then, I've always been crazy for Fun and Fancy Free. Following those: The Rescuers, Dumbo, The Three Cabelleros, Fantasia, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Pocahontas, and Robin Hood.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

According to RT, these are the best-received Disney movies?

I think it's a fair list since it goes by reviews rather than bias and personal opinions. But some of the choices seem weird. Like in no other list would Bolt or some of the package features be ranked that high.

I agree with the top 10 overall, even if I don't quite agree with the rankings.

What about you guys?

New blog!