"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Avaitor, September 01, 2011, 11:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

"Who's the head bull-goose loony around here? "

Release Date: November 19, 1975
Studio: Warner Bros.
Director: Milos Forman
Aspect Ratio: 1.85 : 1
Starring: Jack Nicholson, Louise Fletcher, Danny DeVito

Plot Summary: McMurphy thinks he can get out of doing work while in prison by pretending to be mad. His plan backfires when he is sent to a mental asylum. He tries to liven the place up a bit by playing card games and basketball with his fellow inmates, but the head nurse is after him at every turn.

COMMENTS?

I recently had the urge to rewatch this film, probably due to my psychology class. Good call, since it still holds up over the numerous times I've seen it. By far one of Jack's greatest roles, and such a powerful film.

The funny thing is that it turns out that my psych professor is having his abnormal psychology class watch the film, too. I saw the DVD on his table, and talked to him about it and the book for a little earlier today. Hence why I made this talkback.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

One of the best movies ever, and what I think is Nicholsons best role.

Angus

We had to watch that in English class long ago, but I thought it was great when The Simpsons parodied the last scene.  So different from Sucker Punch.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Dr. Insomniac

Had 2 classes in high school that showed this movie. Bitches Teachers love Jack Nicholson.