Author Topic: What Movie Did You Just Watch  (Read 63167 times)

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
Re: What Movie Did You Just Watch
« Reply #1935 on: April 17, 2017, 01:42:13 PM »
One of these days, I'll try to watch the rest of the Furious movies. I've seen the first 2, which I thought were fine, 2 Fast's weird Drive-esq subplot aside, but I haven't seen anything special yet. But apparently it gets a lot of fun with the fifth film?

It's weird that a franchise doesn't get particularly good until the fifth entry, but I do enjoy mindless action as much as the next person.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #1936 on: April 17, 2017, 03:06:05 PM »
I've never really cared for these movies, myself. The closest I came to really enjoying one would be with Fast Five, in which Justin Lin really managed to step up as a director in terms of action and pacing, but even that didn't rise up much beyond the level of dumb fun.

Even the seventh film, which I specifically watched because it had James Wan attached to it (being that I'm a fan of his recent horror films) really did nothing for me.

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #1937 on: April 19, 2017, 12:15:52 AM »
I haven't caught up with the franchise or saw F8 of the Furious yet, but I saw something that I'll probably enjoy more- Raw. It's a weird little horror flick that I can't really put a finger on what sect it belongs to.

But it doesn't matter, since it's hella enjoyable throughout.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/