Author Topic: What Movie Did You Just Watch  (Read 70526 times)

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
Re: What Movie Did You Just Watch
« Reply #1980 on: July 25, 2017, 08:27:20 PM »
Speaking of camp, I finally watched Schindler's List after ages of putting it off. And it was definitely as chilling as I expected. A wonderful film though. I was fascinated by Goeth and Schindler's relationship, and Ben Kingsley's performance.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #1981 on: July 25, 2017, 08:54:36 PM »
It sits as either my second or third favorite Spielberg film, pretty much tying with The Adventures of Tintin. Yes, I know how that sounds, but I deeply love both films for very different reasons, so suck it. The fact that he came put with both Schindler's List and Jurassic Park in the same year is beyond insane. And yes, I teared up at the "I could've saved more" scene.

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #1982 on: July 31, 2017, 05:52:51 PM »
So Dunkirk was cool. But I did laugh when it turned out the heroic pilot was
Spoiler
Tom Hardy in a mask, who made the fire rise on his plane while making sure Dunkirk would have survivors.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #1983 on: August 04, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »
I just bought Logan, Creed, and Shin Godzilla on Blu-ray. I plan to give Logan a re-watch via the Noir version exclusive to the Blu-ray set, and getting Creed now completes my Rocky collection. As for Shin Godzilla, I have yet to watch it, but I definitely wanted to nab it as soon as I saw it on store shelves. Before I watch it, though, I still have a few Godzilla movies left watch on my DVD box set collection, so I want to go through those first before watching this new one (yes, I know it's standalone and isn't in continuity with the old movies, but I still feel like going through the old stuff first).

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #1984 on: August 10, 2017, 09:13:04 AM »
This morning, I've been wondering something: What happened to all the great directors who were also complete assholes? We used to have Michael Curtiz drowning actors to get a Noah's Ark scene, Stanley Kubrick mentally abusing Shelley Duvall so hard that she wears tinfoil on her head now, and Jodorowsky raping an actress on-camera purely so they could the take right. Nowadays, most of the great directors usually aren't abusive, while the directors who do traumatize their actors nowadays are usually z-list indie filmmakers that only a dozen people like.

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
    • Email
« Reply #1985 on: August 11, 2017, 02:56:33 PM »
I mean, there's David O. Russell, but apparently he's been fine with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, unlike his past with George Clooney and Lily Tomlin.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/