It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Started by Avaitor, September 08, 2011, 02:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

And here's the other half to the greatest hour on TV. Daft got me into this show recently, and I've been falling in love ever since. It really is a hilarious, albeit highly despicable, show.

5 Reasons to watch the show (not in order):

1- Dennis

The "ringleader" of the group, so to say, Dennis is the smartest and most reasonable of the main characters. But he's still a nutjob. He's obsessed with himself and picking up women, which can help everyone out sometimes, but also has some major drawbacks for them. His scheming can lead to good things, but often times goes too deep and gets him and the gang in even more trouble.

2- Mac

Dennis' best friend, Mac thinks like him a little in that he's into self help and likes structure in his life, but is much more brass and to the point than Dennis. Like, way more. To where he'll have unprotected sex with random women to prove a point. They have great chemistry together especially. They both work with the whole cast, but together, the two have great dialogues that you can't get with the others.

3- Dee

Dennis' twin sister, Sweet Dee gets the shaft from the guys most of the time, because she's even more conceited and demented than the rest of them. In one episode, she talks to a guy in the military online before he comes back, and when she sees that he returns on a wheelchair, he pays a random woman to pretend to be her. After discovering that he only had the wheelchair for that day due to a sprained ankle, she tells the woman to fuck off. All in the course of a day.

For the "feminine" side of the group, she's not very lady like.

4- Charlie

A freak. This guy doesn't think like ordinary people do, which leads to hilarious scene after hilarious scene on his part. Some of the most memorable lines and moments in the show's history comes from him.

5- Frank

Dennis and Dee's father, as well as Charlie's roommate and possible father. He pays the bills for the gang's bar and keeps an eye out for everyone. That said, he is arguably the most fucked up character in the whole series. He carries a gun everywhere. Drinks on a regular basis. Schemes up ideas no one should be able to think of, let alone act on. Eats garbage straight from the can. Fucks anything that moves.

Basically, Danny Devito just plays himself on the show. Like how Charlie Sheen played a PG-13 version of himself on 2 1/2 Men.

If you need a sampling, here are some choice clips:

How to attract women
How to pick up women
How to eat a pear
How to eat an apple

Still not sold?

Don't mess with Paddy's. Flip flip flip, flipadelphia!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

"The Gang Gets Invincible" -- still my favorite episode. Still.

SPRINTS

Avaitor

Ah, the Green Man. 'Twas a classic.

"The Gang Hit the Road" might take it for me. Love all the bits everyone got there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Bless this page.

Jobland in particular is one of my favorites, but I couldn't find it on YouTube any more. The writing on this show is out of this world.

New blog!

Avaitor

The show's going to end with not this upcoming season, but its next.

It'll suck to see the show gone, but I can't say that I think it's a bad decision, either. Better it ends soon before it really gets stale. And we have 2 more seasons to look forward to before that happens.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Man, this season has just been great so far. The most recent episode in particular was fricken' amazing and might be a new favorite of mine. 

Avaitor

Yeah, it's been a great season so far. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up as good as the last one!

New blog!