Obscure/Ill-fated Cartoons

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 27, 2010, 08:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomysterion X. Prime

I do happen to know a few ill-fated cartoons that a select few might know.

Does anyone here know an ill-fated cartoon known as Ellen's Acres? This imaginative delight used to air on Cartoon Network back in January 2007 (and aired on CN Video as a launch title before it's TV debut), and only lasted 4 weeks on Cartoon Network. The series died due to a bad timeslot (9:30AM EST on a weekday morning to be exact).

I also do happen to know an ill-fated toon known as Click and Clack's as the Wrench Turns. That cartoon series starred Tom and Ray Magliozzi, the same two that hosted a car talk show on WGBH Radio. It did air on select PBS stations back in Summer 2008, but died within a month and a half of airtime (and unpopularity).

What about the New Woody Woodpecker Show back from 1999? While being one of the later-era Fox Kids series, many of those series never lasted long before Disney bought out Fox Family Productions back in 2002. It was a great modern spin on a cartoon classic, but never made it to a newer generation of cartoon fans.

I could continue, but I didn't want to bore you guys. 

Angus

New Woody Woodpecker was briefly on Netflix Watch Instantly. It was alright, didn't see too much of it.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon