Beware The Batman

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 04, 2011, 01:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

The title of the 2013 Batman series has been revealed

Quotethe CGI animated series will spotlight a classic-looking Batman teaming up with a gun-toting Alfred Pennyworth and a female ninja sidekick. Beware the Batman is executive-produced by Glen Murakami, and will explore the mythology's more obscure villains, such as Professor Pyg, but also won't shy away from featuring some of the more well-known Batman foes. In the series, Batman will team up with a younger female sidekick named Katana. During the keynote, Register added that Katana will fill the sidekick role, but won't be a replacement for Robin.
You know, I don't really know what to say to this. Since TB&TB turned out to be one of my favorite shows and it only took until the series actually premiered for me to get into it.

Thoughts?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Huh.

Gun-toting Alfred. Not sure how that'll turn out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

And that's what it looks like.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I know its wrong to judge something based on looks alone, but WTF is up with Batman's character design in this series? It looks absolutely horrid, regardless of whether its meant to be taken seriously or is supposed to be campy looking.

Avaitor

So far, it looks like a weak attempt to put the designs from The Batman in CG.

Not what I was hoping for. But hey, it's too soon to judge.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

He looks like Black Manta.

It really throws me off.

gunswordfist

Professor Pyg from the recent Batman & Robin comic?

And Alfred is now the butler from Big O?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

On one hand, designs that look someone tried to rip off Paul Pope.

On the other, possible appearance by Cassandra Cain judging fron the left.

I'm conflicted.

Spark Of Spirit

It's Katana, not Cassandra. I know, it's weird.

Daxdiv

I like Alfred with guns and all, but the art style is kind of killing it for me. I know it's supposed to be stylized and everything, but... WHY?

Kiddington

Gross. That is perhaps the only word I can come to after seeing this.

I mean, I'm sorry, but that looks absolutely terrible. I know it's only one pic, but damn; it's quite a telling glimpse into the future, and obviously not a good one. I was never looking forward to CGI Batman anyway, and now I'm... well, really not looking forward to it (yeah, that's a lame way to put it, but hey).

Ah well, whatever. I'll inevitably give it a shot, like I do everything. Not impressed, though. Not impressed.

gunswordfist

Thank God Cassandra isn't in this. That's the only plus I've seen so far.

Spark Of Spirit

They should make a Batman show with this cast (image from TZ):

Very diverse with the potential for new ideas, and it still manages to star Batman so everybody wins.

gunswordfist

Hell no. I NEVER want to see Cassandra Cain animated. Worst Batman character ever. It's like having a bad anime character in the Batverse /rant

Besides that, hell yeah.

talonmalon333

First, Batman in CG doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Second, when it comes to animated takes on a darker Batman... I only want to hear Kevin Conroy playing Batman. :P