The Dreaded Birthday Thread

Started by Dr. Insomniac, October 09, 2011, 12:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hmmmm....I wonder what super special awesome day it is that everyone has somehow forgotten about for some reason....:humhumhum:

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

A belated happy birthday to you, Dr. E-K!   :e_hail:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My birthday was this past week and since I'm still away from most of my family, I didn't do anything too special. My cousin who lives an hour away took me out to dinner with his family to celebrate, which was nice. However just this past weekend I got a surprise gift in the mail from my older brother, which was the Blu-ray collections for the Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy (of the original series) and War in the Pocket (which he knows I'm quite fond of). It was great to get something even if it arrived late, and I called my brother to thank him over the phone.

This would probably be a good time for me to start getting into the Gundam franchise, which I've been meaning to fo for a few years, now.

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

Those are some great presents! Happy B-Day Dr. E-K!  :e_hail:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avaitor

Happy birthday!

Mine was a couple of weeks ago, myself, and I didn't get much this year. The most exciting gift was a couple of friends getting me the new Russian Circles LP. I was hoping to get a little extra cash to help me pay for the LA trip I was hoping to take in December, but I'm not sure about that one. I'm contemplating cutting that in half, just doing the festival I wanted to do and have a bonus day or so to check the area out, but I'd have to skip going to Anaheim and Disney.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thanks, Avaitor, and Happy Belated Birthday to you as well!

Hopefully you can get enough money together for your trip. I'd love to go to a few places myself, but getting time off is just as big of a constraint for me as cost, as I work a position where I can't currently  be gone for too many days in a row.

::EDIT::

Thanks, Foggle! :joy: