Favorite Artists

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I haven't hyped the Pietasters enough.

Please tell me you guys love this song as much as me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

So I played the new Boris today. In case you aren't familiar with them, they're a Japanese band that fluctuate between a lot of different styles, and are usually pretty cool. Here's an example. Way better than Dir en Grey.

They have three albums planned for this year and the first one, literally named New Album, just came out. Sadly, it's crap. More J-Pop with American top 40 influences than any of the sludgey jam sound that they got down earlier. There was some decent riffage in there, but some of it sounds like an anime OP, and most sounds like stuff you'd hear at a club. It just doesn't gel with their normal stuff, and sucks overall. Avoid.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Dir En Grey sucks. For real.

Fucking love The Stranglers. I actually like their New Wave stuff, too, even though it's not as good; but their first four albums are goddamn masterpieces.

Angus

Boris huh, I guess I'll have to avoid picking up his album.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Avaitor

Hey Desen, you hear the new Foos yet?

The word is that it's supposed to be their best since TCATS, but still isn't a really consistent album.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I don't have any confidence in them anymore after Grohl legitimately admitted that he has no idea why people enjoyed the first three albums more than newer material.

All it takes is a keen ear to notice the missing energy, dynamics, and clever songwriting was replaced by generic rock and boring pop. On the other hand, In Your Honor might have been better if it was one album, but it still wouldn't top the first three albums.

For instance, The One was a way better song than anything on One By One, as was the B-side Win Or Lose, and it did not make the album. I can't listen to that sleeping pill of an album without giving up and going back to the first three.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Heard Dance Commander for the first time in years and remembered how much I love Electric Six. Great fucking band. Totally followed the music video's lead and retardedly rocked out. :joy:

Spark Of Spirit

From probably the most underrated album ever... Not sure why no one listens to this one.

Spark Of Spirit

Hey Foggle, I always wanted to know what you thought of Rocket From The Crypt, are you a fan?

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on May 02, 2011, 06:29:25 PM
Hey Foggle, I always wanted to know what you thought of Rocket From The Crypt, are you a fan?
That was badass! Very nice. :joy:

Avaitor

So I just found out Descendents opened up for Rise Against not that long ago. Ugh. No. Wrong. Improbable. That's worse than when Cheap Trick supported Poison and Def Leppard, but at least nowhere near as bad as when King Crimson opened for Tool.

This is why I hate the industry. Shit bands (not so much Poison and DL, but you get the idea) who get incredible influences to support for them. What's next, Blondie opening for Paramore? Killing Joke opening for Rammstein? Gorguts opening for Lamb of God? I wouldn't be surprised if one of these happens.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Weezer opened for GnR a few years ago.

I vomited a little bit.

Avaitor

Well that's a little different, since as a whole, GNR are more popular and have been for a longer period of time than Weezer.

But that's just a bullshit pairing to begin with. Not to mention that I doubt too many people care about whatever lineup Axl could assemble that week.

New blog!

Commode

Quote from: Avaitor on May 26, 2011, 07:12:42 PM
So I just found out Descendents opened up for Rise Against not that long ago. Ugh. No. Wrong. Improbable.
Dude, that happens all the time with punk bands like that; I've sure been to shows just to see the opener(think along the lines of The Lawrence Arms or Lagwagon) and left before the main act(think along the lines of Underoath, or even MCR).

Wait, the Descendents are still a band?  Last time I heard, the members all lived in different parts of the country(California, Colorado), one of the founding members died a couple years ago, and of course no new material has surfaced from them in like 7 years...
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

Quote from: Avaitor on May 26, 2011, 07:12:42 PM
So I just found out Descendents opened up for Rise Against not that long ago. Ugh. No. Wrong. Improbable.
Dude, that happens all the time with punk shows like that: I sure know that I've been to shows only to see the opener(think along the lines of The Lawrence Arms or Lagwagon) and skipped out of the main act(think Underoath or even MCR).

Wait, the Descendents are still a band?  Last time I had heard, the members all lived in different parts of the country(California, Colorado), one of the founding members died a couple years ago, and of course they haven't released any new material in like seven years...
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.