1. Raising Hell
2. Tougher Than Leather
3. Run-DMC
4. King of Rock
~
5. Back From Hell
6. Down With the King
7. Crown Royal

The first four albums are great, but their later stuff just isn't. They tried to be like everyone else and it hurt them. Also, Crown Royal isn't even really a proper album since DMC is barely on it and it's filled with (really dated) guest stars that make it sound out of sync with the rest of their stuff. But those first four albums? So great. I can listen to them over and over and never get bored.

It should be noted that I like Tougher Than Leather WAY more than most people. On some days I might even consider it their best album. Run's House is the best hip hop single of all-time, in my opinion.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

The Harvard Library has begun archiving important hip-hop records. The first 4 to be inducted are:

-A Tribe Called Quest's The Low End Theory
-Nas' Illmatic
-The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
-Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Buttefly

A great first selection, IMO.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Excellent picks, though I unfortunately haven't really been able to get into Kendrick. Would love to see them induct Ice Cube's Death Certificate, The Coup's Steal This Album, Jurassic 5's Power In Numbers, Wu-Tang's Enter The 36 Chambers, and Public Enemy's Fear of a Black Planet (among many others) in the future.

Avaitor

Those all seem pretty likely, with as many albums are being planned to be nominated.

New blog!

Avaitor

RIP Chris Cornell.

What the fuck? He looked like he was in great health the last I saw him. I was not expecting him to pass any time soon.

New blog!

Foggle

Aw man, RIP. I loved Soundgarden in high school and his Bond theme is still my all-time favorite.

Spark Of Spirit

He also killed himself. Lot of the old grunge guys really not doing too well these days.

Shame.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Finding out that it was suicide really hurts. He seemed like such a good guy from what I know about him.

New blog!

Markness

It was really shocking and unexpected to hear about it. I never got to see Soundgarden perform live as well so that's another band along with Type O Negative I love that I'll never see live. The grunge dynasty is almost gone. Once King Buzzo and Eddie Vedder go, it's over.

Peanutbutter

Chester Bennington of Linkin Park committed suicide. I haven't felt hit this hard in a while. Depression really sucks. Linkin Park in my view was the only numetal band worth a crap because they at least changed up their music at times, and their stuff like Hybrid Theory and Reanimation are great to me even now.

RIP. :(

Avaitor

His music was not my thing at all, but it's a tragic loss all the same. Especially now that six children won't have their father around anymore.

I grieve for his family, friends, and fans.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

This is a shame to hear. If I listened to their music it feels like it would be hard to go back to just because of the lyrical content and where he ended up.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 20, 2017, 07:21:51 PM
This is a shame to hear. If I listened to their music it feels like it would be hard to go back to just because of the lyrical content and where he ended up.

Sadly, a LOT of Chester's songs are going to be harder for people to listen to. Numb, Crawling in My Skin, and their latest one Talking to Myself especially aren't going to be easy listens for a while.

Not going to lie, I am still hurt by this. Its a silly little thing in the grand scheme of things, but Linkin Park came out while I was in high school and it always made feel better when I was in a bad mood. Didn't have a bad time in high school at all, but my home life could be a bit much at times due to certain issues. Linkin Park in my eyes represents the positive side of the Y2Ks/Aughties/Noughts/00s/New Millenium/whatever the crap the last decade is referred to in the future.

Commode

Was never a Linkin Park fan but after Chester's death I listened to the latest LP album and I like it, perhaps only because it's so different from what I had come to think of as the standard for Linkin Park music.  Some of the album veered a little too much into the 21 Pilots direction(not sure that's really a fair comparison since 21 Pilots are awful, but it's the closest I can think of in the current music environment).  Sure wasn't worth the hate it got upon initial release, though I have noticed people changing their tune a bit now that he's dead.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.