Tiny Toon Adventures

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

You want to know how ingrained in some of us this show is?

The other night while playing L4D2 with some friends, all of a sudden we started quoting HISMSV out of nowhere. I haven't seen that in freaking years. Suffice to say, this is quite the important show to some of us, whether we realize it or not.  :thumbup:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I love this show!  Even have a T-shirt of it, which, with the exception of Tom and Jerry, hasn't happened for any other TV show, even The Simpsons.

"So Plucky, how does it feel to be DWI?"
"DWI, what's that?'
"You know, driving while intoxicated!"
"Ah, that's ridiculous!  I don't know how to drive."
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

No-Personality

I love the thing they did that was like a play on Disney's Peter and the Wolf from Make Mine Music. I used to worship this show but I really don't remember it very well. There used to be quite a bit of it on YouTube but the episode (naturally) I was dying to find and never did was the one where Plucky stayed over with Buster and they watched horror movies and Plucky had a bunch of nightmares. Damn that was a good one. Oh- and the one where Montana Max has a nightmare about bunnies (I think this was a Christmas themed episode or something like a Scrooge type thing).
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Commode

Quote from: No-Personality on January 14, 2011, 12:32:31 PM
I love the thing they did that was like a play on Disney's Peter and the Wolf from Make Mine Music.
Buster and the Wolverine.  Really good cartoon.  And in better quality on YT than the copy I currently have with me.  Hmm.
QuoteThere used to be quite a bit of it on YouTube but the episode (naturally) I was dying to find and never did was the one where Plucky stayed over with Buster and they watched horror movies and Plucky had a bunch of nightmares. Damn that was a good one.
Duck in the Dark, from the episode Best O' Plucky Duck Day.
QuoteOh- and the one where Montana Max has a nightmare about bunnies (I think this was a Christmas themed episode or something like a Scrooge type thing).
The Acme Acres Zone, a parody of The Twilight Zone.  The sound is a bit wonky on this one.

Commode

Woah.  Speaking of Tiny Toons, I was poking around YouTube just a little bit ago, and I found two bumpers from Cartoon Network's Powerhouse era featuring the characters, which must've been used during TTA's short run on CN(although Wikipedia says it ran on CN from 1999-2005, which I don't believe is the case).  I had never seen these before, since I'm almost certain I never saw TTA air on CN myself(saw it air on Fox Kids, Kids WB, and Nick instead).

EDIT: Also, while trying to find info about TTA on CN, I found this.  Thank goodness dth got banned from TZ, because if he ever saw this we'd have a shitstorm over this obviously false article.

Avaitor

99-05? Hahaha, no. More like 99-00, maybe early 01 at the latest.

I saw a bit of TTA on CN, and remember seeing Powerhouse bumpers, but not these. I remember one with Babs and Plucky daydreaming in class though. Don't know if that's on YouTube or not.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

I can't find any definitive information on it either.  I'm kind of thinking about asking about it on TZ and see if Speedy Boris or someone knows, but since no one really ever mentions TTA airing on CN, I'm not sure how much they would know.  What time of day did they air on CN, like in the early morning?  Because that could be a factor as to why I don't remember it whereas I remember A!, P&tB, and Freakazoid! airing in the afternoons/evenings.

Avaitor

I think it aired next to Animaniacs or Freakazoid! when it was on, so yeah, late morning/early afternoon-ish, I believe.

I don't think Speedy would really know, since he didn't really watch CN, even then. Darth, maybe?

Also, I think TTA and A! were airing on NickToons by 2005 and A! and F! were off by 2001-2002, so that definitely wasn't the case.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

Quote from: Avaitor on January 14, 2011, 06:43:57 PM
Also, I think TTA and A! were airing on NickToons by 2005 and A! and F! were off by 2001-2002, so that definitely wasn't the case.
Yeah, pretty sure once A! and P&tB moved over to Nick, and later Toon Disney in P&tB's case, CN gradually phased them out.  There was a period of time were you could watch the Animaniacs theme untampered with on CN, then switch over to Nick and see the theme with references to Nick(it was worse on Pinky and the Brain, with the Nick logo emblazoned on everything).  At least with TTA all Nick did was cut off the WB shield at the very beginning. 

I'm pretty sure Freakazoid! disappeared from CN around 2002-2003(and even then it wasn't on much), and without support from Nick, it was largely forgotten until the DVDs came out.  Both Tiny Toons and Animaniacs stopped airing on Nickelodeon/Nicktoons around 2005-2006, and Pinky and the Brain was aired as recently as 2009 on Disney XD, but it's now off their schedule as well.  Pinky and the Brain was also apparently the only one of these shows to ever get a spot on Boomerang, where it aired for a bit around 2003.

It's funny too, the one Ruegger show I have the most memories of watching on CN was A Pup Named Scooby Doo.  They used to run the shit out of that one, up until a year or so ago.

Avaitor

Oh god, the A! and P&TB Nick intros were travesties. The actual show runs were fine (don't remember any editing), but that was such a pain to deal with.

Of the Ruegger/Spielberg shows, the one that had the worst syndication life was easily Hysteria. For a good reason, too- it didn't have one! Besides having a bunch of episodes available on that In2TV site AOL did a few years ago, after it was taken off of Kids WB!, that show had no rebroadcasting.

Yeah, I think CN does still put on Pup on odd occasions. I don't think it's on now, but I wouldn't be surprised i they put it back in the morning slot at least once this year.

Edit: I was going to look up a site with schedules from most of the classic years of CN to find where all of these shows ran, but it's undergoing maintenance now. These weren't completely accurate anyway, but they usually were pretty close. I'll check it out when it's done, I guess, but I don't know.

New blog!

Avaitor

Bump for the sake of bumping.

Water go down the hole?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I think now is probably the perfect time to rewatch How I Spent My Summer Vacation.... Especially with the way the weather is here now. Sheesh.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Guess what I found at a local thrift store today?

I can't believe I never owned HISMV before. I've rented the tape so many times way back when, but we never went out and buy it, for reasons I'll never understand. But now I own it, and all is well.

New blog!

Commode

I've seen it a few times at thrift shops as well, even once saw the laserdisc version, but I've never bought it.  I've got a copy of the movie on one of my hard drives somewhere, and I think even on one of my iPods(not sure).

Would certainly love an official DVD release of it though.

Avaitor

Same. Even if they don't release the rest of the show and put it in the Archives, just getting the movie would be great.

Watched it just now. As funny as ever.

New blog!