Tiny Toon Adventures

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Yep yep, that was my plan as well.

Oh, and to write up an article.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Eddy

It's been years since I've seen this special. I never owned it, I just remember renting it a lot and seeing it on Nickelodeon. I may just have to get this!

Spark Of Spirit

Has anyone gotten it yet? I'm interested to hear of the transfer's quality.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Yeah, I got it at Wal Mart earlier.  I haven't had a chance to put it in yet though.

Kiddington

I'll probably pick it up when I'm in town tomorrow. Hopefully at least one of the Walmarts around here is carrying it, though; Best Buy is just too overpriced on DVDs anymore, and chances are they won't even have it anyway (I was astonished by the lack of selection the last time I went in one; they've really scaled back).

Spark Of Spirit

I finally got my copy and am sitting down to watch it.

There aren't any extras including any scene selection, but the transfer looks about as good as any SD show can look.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I went to Goodwill today, and saw a giant Dizzy plush for a buck. I nearly got it, since it's not often you see a TTA plush like that, let alone one for a character like Dizzy, but decided against it because that's a dollar that could easily go to HISMV.

That's how behind I am, and how I think.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Well this is good news, I guess.

You'd think that they would put all of the remaining episodes on this set, but it seems like they want to save money. Which isn't such a bad idea, but seems like a waste. And yeah, the lack of "Elephant Issues" stings.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

That's good news, although for reasons I'll explain at a later date I won't be able to pick this up for quite some time.

No Elephant Issues though huh.

Kiddington

"One Beer" is really a weak segment, though. I've seen it enough times on Youtube, and it's not very funny at all (at least, in my opinion).

A shame, but as long as we're getting everything else, I can do without it. Long time coming, this is.

Commode

Have you seen the other two segments?  Because "One Beer" is the highlight compared to those two.  The interstitials with Gogo are probably the best part of the episode.

Kiddington

It's been so long I don't really remember. Doesn't sound like we're missing much, though.

Spark Of Spirit

As long as this means they can get the rest out. I still haven't gotten around to season 1 since it's so costly around here.

Avaitor

New blog!

Commode

Looking at the cover, as well as the one for the recent release of HISMV, it's funny just how kiddie they make it look.  Yeah, the show is a kids show, but it has several aspects that also make it more mature.  The cover makes it look like its as juvenile as Baby Looney Tunes.