Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 07, 2015, 02:30:10 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 15, 2012, 04:47:25 PM
Korra's better, IMO.

As for the Sonic discussion, the only animated Sonic show that did it right was the OVA, IMO. It was funny, fast, good action, and the plot was just serious and jokey enough to work. It also was the best looking with the most creative art-style and music. It's a real shame it never got a proper show since it was leagues ahead of the other Sonic shows. IMO, it just needed a better dub.
Do you still think Season 1 of Korra is better than the entirety of ATLA. (This thread used to be so much fun)
Nope.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

To be fair, I thought the same until a rewatch or two. I was so impressed by the pacing/total lack of filler.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I know that some people on here aren't big on Ghibli or Pixar. But personally, I don't care for is Aardman.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I still like the original Wallace & Gromit shorts, but the rest of their oeuvre doesn't seem to click with me, not even Chicken Run anymore. Though, I should give Arthur Christmas a try sometime.

Foggle

Never seen an Aardman production I didn't like.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 11, 2015, 01:19:13 PM
Though, I should give Arthur Christmas a try sometime.
You should. It was my favorite animated film of that year.

Avaitor

I mean, I do still kind of like the original Wallace & Gromit shorts, but no force on earth can allow me to finish Curse of the Were-Rabbit. None of their other stuff has been able to grab me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Quote from: Avaitor on November 15, 2014, 11:05:37 PM
I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I want to say it-

Adventure Time and Regular Show have more than proved their worth in not just the Cartoon Network canon, but in the pantheon of quality animated programs. There's little denying that. But I truly believe that even though they're still fairly early in, Steven Universe has proven itself to be the better fantasy and mythology-based series, and Clarence the better laid-back comedy with a wide range of comedic styles.

That said, while I don't hate Uncle Grandpa, I do think that Gumball is still the superior younger-skewing comedy with a unique art style.
I wrote this over a year ago, and I wouldn't change a word of it.

I note this as I'm watching this week's Adventure Time, while I'm really just dying to get to the new Clarence instead.

I will add that Clarence>We Bare Bears, but I do also enjoy WBB.

New blog!

GregX

Spark Of Spirit

I want an X-Men series that looks like this, or to a lesser extent, this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't know. As cool as the OPs are, the last time that we got a full-fledged X-Men anime, it was pretty awful.

Spark Of Spirit

It didn't look anything like that, as much as I wanted it to. Though the biggest issue was the atrocious writing.

But I wasn't really talking about an X-Men anime, but an animated show that has action looking as good as that. Truthfully, I don't think we'll be getting a new X-Men show in a long time, anyway. Not as long as Fox and Marvel continue to feud.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Is it unpopular to still prefer Clarence to We Bare Bears?

Because if so, then I definitely don't want to join the popular opinion.

New blog!