Unpopular Opinions Based On Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Unpopular Opinions

Started by Dr. Insomniac, November 11, 2011, 02:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

That's probably him then.

And yeah, this happened before your time on Watch, when Jonn was still admin, so I wouldn't expect you to really know or remember that whole thing. But it was fun.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I haven't heard anything positive about Mike Matei from anyone who has ever interacted with him. As far as I'm concerned he's just a leech on James Rolfe.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

GaryPotter

Mike Matei is an arrogant, untalented asshole. I've had the dubious pleasure of interacting with him myself. This is absolutely nothing good to say about him.

That being said...

James isn't really any better. I'm really getting sick of how he's worshiped by an army of 12-year-old fanboys and autistic shut-ins as some sort of Internet god. He's best days are behind him anyway and he frittered them away. He had his moment in the sun and it's over. I'm only sad that I ever had anything to do with either of them.

Foggle

Quote from: GaryPotter on March 22, 2012, 06:31:45 AM
He's best days are behind him anyway and he frittered them away.
Very true. He hasn't really been funny for a long time. :(

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on March 22, 2012, 09:10:54 AM
Quote from: GaryPotter on March 22, 2012, 06:31:45 AM
He's best days are behind him anyway and he frittered them away.
Very true. He hasn't really been funny for a long time. :(
I liked his ROB review.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, quality of material aside, I've heard good things about James from people who have dealt with him. Matei not so much.

By the way, unrelated, but is the Irate Gamer still going?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

GaryPotter

Yeah, he's still making crappy crap crap crap. Most of his videos these days barely scratch 50K views, so I'm thinking his end is near.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on March 11, 2012, 07:56:49 PM
You know what show I think really sucked from back then but is also held in high regard? That's So Raven.

Seriously, it was so fucking obnoxious. Raven yelling OH SNAP and YA NASTY all the fucking time, the incredibly redundant and idiotic plots, where even the mom randomly leaving halfway through the show because she couldn't stand it anymore. And it go really bad when it got to the point that Raven was like in her 20's still playing a 16-year-old and Cory was like 13 still playing a 4th grader, since they didn't age on the show.
:D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

This Rob Dyrdek guy annoys the fuck out of me.  Didn't we hit the douchebag quota several years ago?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Comeau on April 29, 2012, 04:48:35 PM
This Rob Dyrdek guy annoys the fuck out of me.  Didn't we hit the douchebag quota several years ago?

I can only read that last name as "deer dick". Who  is Rob Deerdick, by the way?  :joy:

Commode

He has some Tosh.0 knockoff show on MTV, which plays a lot on my ship.  He was also in a few other MTV shows, like Rob and Big.  Pretty much he's the most annoying skater turned MTV star since Bam Margera.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Comeau on April 29, 2012, 05:49:45 PM
He has some Tosh.0 knockoff show on MTV, which plays a lot on my ship.  He was also in a few other MTV shows, like Rob and Big.  Pretty much he's the most annoying skater turned MTV star since Bam Margera.

OOHHH. Okay, yeah. That guy who tries to be funny and talks over the internet videos as they play, right? Tosh does that so much better. Rob isn't even funny.

Kiddington

Well then, here's something I'm sure you'll appreciate; he has his own animated series on Nicktoons.

Yes, this is an actual thing. Watch and judge for yourself.  :awesome:

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on April 29, 2012, 08:05:26 PM
Well then, here's something I'm sure you'll appreciate; he has his own animated series on Nicktoons.

I've seen shitty cartoons and I've seen shitty cartoons, but that was by far one of the shittiest cartoons I've seen.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Kiddington on April 29, 2012, 08:05:26 PM

I saw a post on TZ about that show comparing it to Rocket Power... which is enough of a reason to not watch. XD