Unpopular Opinions Based On Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Unpopular Opinions

Started by Dr. Insomniac, November 11, 2011, 02:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Chick-Fil-A was there for me when I first went to college. Regardless of what the CEO believes, I will continue to feast on their delicious chicken.

The sensationalist media attacks and walk-in supporters are both extremely stupid.

Kiddington

I've never eaten at Chick-fil-A once in my life. Ever. This has absolutely nothing to do with Dan Cathy or Focus on the Family or anything like that, though; as far as I can tell, the only two states I've ever lived in (Michigan and Nevada) do not currently house any locations.  :P

I don't agree with his opinions at all (in this day and age, why do people continue to be dicks when it comes to this? Christ, just let people lives their lives the way they see fit, gay or straight; they're not hurting anyone), but it's hard for me to condemn an entire restaurant chain that I've never even eaten at*, and really had very little knowledge of until this whole thing blew up. In retrospect, it's probably best that I stay out of this, but hey, there's my two cents anyway.

*I did, however, drive by one in Sacramento once, but I wasn't really in the mood to stop and eat at the moment.

Avaitor

To me, while I don't agree with what they're saying at all, it's kind of like how I still like Michael Jackson's music and Roman Polanski's movies, despite all the awful things they've done. I'm not going to stop eating at Chick-Fil-A just because they;re deeply conservative, like how I won't change the station when "Beat It" comes on and won't deny the epicness that is Chinatown.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

You know, while it's clear that American politics is in a rut with no escape, I still find interest in it. As well as the perceptions by the people on what counts as a big issue. I know some people here despise the fact that same-sex marriage has become a hot topic in the face of national debt and bad terms with other countres, though I suppose I would have heard the same over fifty years ago when it came to racial rights and our position with the Soviet Union. When you think about it, politics has always been corrupt. And if you really ponder, it's been less corrupt than ever. After all, we no longer have a Watergate or Iran-Contra affairs in our midst. Sure, Obama may not have delivered what he promised, but he certainly doesn't have blood on his hands like previous presidents.

While the world may not be up to our standards, it's better to try to see it work than be fatalistic about it.

Dr. Insomniac

I just realized that apathy is the worst emotion of all time. At least with depression, you're doing something. With apathy, there's nothing. You don't do shit just because you don't feel like it. And for that, fuck you.

Spark Of Spirit

There is no emotion worse than apathy, I agree. There is nothing there, just... nothing at all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

So I don't want to keep this going, but the idea of fandom purity just sounds fucking stupid. Like what Sossy said in this very thread, putting a thought police on a fandom just because some people say reprehensible shit is utterly dogmatic in design. That kind of ideology was discredited in the real world decades ago, so the mere thought of applying it onto the anarchic state of the internet is just absurd and something only a loon could think up. There is absolutely no defending the idea that free speech should be restricted just because you're uncomfortable about a subculture you're not even part of. You're punishing the majority for something only the minority do. This isn't just a flaw in ethics, but a destruction of basic logic to believe that people should be mentally restricted en masse based on the biased speculation of a couple people.

Dr. Insomniac

I have to confess a dreadful opinion...

...I think Bulk & Skull are the most pointless part of Power Rangers. Like others, I used to think they were funny. But then, I watched their antics on Samurai and found more scorn than laughter. At first, I thought this was just a bad miss until I found some MMPR clips and felt the same. It was then that I realized Bulk and Skull are annoying. The only reason they became fan-favorites was because the main cast was boring as fuck back then. After all, that's why Screech got all the attention in Saved by the Bell.

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Yeah, I think the concept died out by the time the music one was made.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Well, I figured since you guys just made a movie one, why not a TV one as well. Right? RIGHT?

If you feel it's cluttering up space though, just merge them all together. Easy.

Avaitor

Quote from: Kiddington on February 04, 2013, 02:22:05 AM
If you feel it's cluttering up space though, just merge them all together. Easy.
That'd end up even more cluttered, though.

It's fine, we should leave them all here. They'll probably make for some decent discussion, anyway.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

A lot of people will consider it a sick joke, but I kind of want someone to make a Waifu Harem gallery where all the pictures are of underage Holocaust victims or small children who got murdered by sex offenders. Just to see if someone's that tasteless enough to make such an image.

Dr. Insomniac

Most unpopular opinions are essentially opinions that cannot comprehend or empathize with the opinions of others. And that includes this one.

Peanutbutter

President Obama just bypassed Congress by signing two executive orders on Gun Control. According to the source where I found this, one is to close a loophole that allows convicted felons or non-trustworthy parties prohibited from owning firearms to bypass the law by registering their firearms with a trust or corporation. The other is an order to prohibit military-grade weapons from entering into America by keeping private entities from re-importing guns that the US previously sent to foreign allies.

I'm not behind Gun Control 100%, but neither of these sound like a bad idea to me. Of course, you can count on every stupid wingnut in the country bawling about this all over Facebook and Twitter for the next month or so.