Unpopular Opinions Based On Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Unpopular Opinions

Started by Dr. Insomniac, November 11, 2011, 02:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Daxdiv on November 11, 2011, 04:10:07 PM
This seems a bit redundant now.

But I'll bite and say I hate how the word "hipster" is thrown around these day. It feels like that word is just thrown around and used to describe something people don't like.

...You started reading Homestuck didn't you?

You started reading that hipster shit didn't you, you hipster?

HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER

Daxdiv

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on November 13, 2011, 08:40:29 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on November 11, 2011, 04:10:07 PM
This seems a bit redundant now.

But I'll bite and say I hate how the word "hipster" is thrown around these day. It feels like that word is just thrown around and used to describe something people don't like.

...You started reading Homestuck didn't you?

You started reading that hipster shit didn't you, you hipster?

HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER HIPSTER

FUKKEN SYNDROME!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daxdiv on November 12, 2011, 06:30:20 PM
I think that Goku can kick Superman's ass all the way to his death bed! That's right, I went there!
Oh God, on comicvine I used to get creamed everytime I said that. Goku is much faster and I'm sure planet buster attacks are enough to take out Superman. Deal with it, bitches. :anger:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I really hate when people lump Lizzie McGuire and Kim Possible in with 90's shows.

I mean, it's one thing to call Rocket Power and The Amanda Show 90's classics, but I hate seeing people say you're a 90's kid if you own all of Hillary Duff's albums or if you can sing the whole Proud Family theme. Uh, you aren't.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Uhh, I feel sorry for anyone that owns a Hillary Duff album.  Seriously.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I really don't get why people are so nostalgic for older Disney shows. They've always been as stupid and shallow as they are now, the live-action shows at least.

I mean, there are even tweens/older teens now pining for the days of Hannah Montana and Suite Life. Give it a couple of years, and you'll hear people say that Disney was at it's best with Shake It Up or whatever they have now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

I'm nostalgic for Mickey's Mouse Tracks.  I want that Disney Channel back.

Avaitor

New blog!

Commode

And The Torkelsons.  Man I miss that show.  Used to watch it with my mom.

And watching Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers in the mornings before school with my brother, who was just at the age of learning to talk.

And I even watched a lot of Lizzie Mcguire back in the day, but it goes along with shows like The Brothers Garcia in a pile of shows I used to like but now couldn't give two shits about.  Every once in a while I get the urge to rewatch some Even Stevens though, even though I can't stand Shia anymore.

Avaitor

Even Stevens was actually not bad. And Shia was pretty good in it.

Oh, have you seen what Beans looks like now? He looks pretty fucked up. So does the girl that played Matilda.

New blog!

Commode

I remember looking up what Matt from Lizzie Mcguire grew up to be a while back, and he looked like a complete douche.  Haven't looked up Beans though.

Avaitor

You know what show I think really sucked from back then but is also held in high regard? That's So Raven.

Seriously, it was so fucking obnoxious. Raven yelling OH SNAP and YA NASTY all the fucking time, the incredibly redundant and idiotic plots, where even the mom randomly leaving halfway through the show because she couldn't stand it anymore. And it go really bad when it got to the point that Raven was like in her 20's still playing a 16-year-old and Cory was like 13 still playing a 4th grader, since they didn't age on the show.

New blog!

Commode

That was around the time I stopped watching the channel, so I didn't see much of the show.  I did use to think the red-haired girl was hot though.

Commode

Quote from: Avaitor on March 11, 2012, 07:56:49 PM
And it go really bad when it got to the point that Raven was like in her 20's still playing a 16-year-old and Cory was like 13 still playing a 4th grader, since they didn't age on the show.
But that's kind of like how Kelso and Hyde were supposed to be 18 years old at a time when Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson were in like their mid to late 20s.  They were already around 20 when the show started.