Samurai Jack

Started by gunswordfist, November 15, 2011, 11:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

VERY excited for this! This will be the first western action cartoon to be made specifically for adult audiences in a long time, and more importantly, we'll finally get a proper conclusion to the series, one that it deserves. This is one of my most anticipated new animated series of next year, now.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on December 04, 2015, 02:51:46 AM
VERY excited for this! This will be the first western action cartoon to be made specifically for adult audiences, and more importantly, we'll finally get a proper conclusion to the series, one that it deserves. This is possibly my most anticipated new animated series of next year, now.
Not sure if true or serious. Also, has it been confirmed that it'll be a "mature" series?

And I'm not even sure even I would say your last sentence, with Part 4 coming out next year.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 04, 2015, 03:08:29 AM
Quote from: Cartoon X on December 04, 2015, 02:51:46 AM
VERY excited for this! This will be the first western action cartoon to be made specifically for adult audiences, and more importantly, we'll finally get a proper conclusion to the series, one that it deserves. This is possibly my most anticipated new animated series of next year, now.
Not sure if true or serious. Also, has it been confirmed that it'll be a "mature" series?

Well, the new season is being made for [adult swim]. For adults. Maybe it's not the first adult-aimed western action cartoon, but at the very least, it's still the first one being made for [adult swim] and Toonami.

I admit, I forgot that Part 4 is coming next year. So, let's say Jack is my second most anticipated, then.  :sweat:

gunswordfist

Hmmm, it might be aimed at adults but I don't think it'll have a TV-14 or higher. They might be trying to get the same kind of crowd that view Sym-Bionic Titan on the block.

Ah good, you came back to your senses. :sly:

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 04, 2015, 03:08:29 AM
Quote from: Cartoon X on December 04, 2015, 02:51:46 AMVERY excited for this! This will be the first western action cartoon to be made specifically for adult audiences, and more importantly, we'll finally get a proper conclusion to the series, one that it deserves. This is possibly my most anticipated new animated series of next year, now.

He was likely serious about it, regardless of his previous knowledge about previous action-oriented cartoons for adults. (Jonny Quest, perhaps?) Considering the age gap, it's easy to misconstrue or blur the line between "adult" and "kiddy" content over the generations. (The Flintstones, at its prime, was considered an "adult" cartoon. Nowadays, however...)

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I forgot stuff like Johnny Quest was originally made for adult audiences. Not to mention Vixen came out earlier this year, even though that was only a mini-series. Still, a regularly aired action cartoon for adults like Samurai Jack season 5 will be is a rarity, and is something to be pretty excited about, especially if it can pave the way for more adult-oriented action cartoons getting made.

Spark Of Spirit

It would be nice if this could also lead to a ST season 2 as well. If Genndy can close off both his series that would be really cool.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Considering that Cartoon Network wrote-off SBT, I don't think it's possible for it to get a season 2.  :(

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, it would be nice if Sym-Bionic Titan could get a revival too, but I think there are more legal complications in the way of making that possible, so I'm not holding my breath on it happening. Same for Megas XLR, as much as I would love to see more of it.  :(

Avaitor

I'm not the hugest Jack fan, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't excited for this.

And I guess revivals of millennial favorite cartoons are indeed becoming a thing. I wonder if this means that the Courage specials are back on track.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2015, 08:35:58 AM
It would be nice if this could also lead to a ST season 2 as well. If Genndy can close off both his series that would be really cool.
[adult swim]/Toonami seemed to like Sym-Bionic Titan, so I hope there's some chance there.

I had no clue Johnny Quest was originally aimed at adults.

Avaitor

It was in the same way that, say, Andy Griffith was. Hanna-Barbera's primetime shows, really, their earlier output in general, were written to appeal to the family audience, which skews a little older and all-encompassing than just kids stuff.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Daikun

Avaitor

Jack still isn't one of my favorites, but I really am excited for this. It already feels like the conclusion that fans deserve.

New blog!