Samurai Jack

Started by gunswordfist, November 15, 2011, 11:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm glad it's getting an ending. It deserves one.

But I do wish Sym-Bionic Titan would get the same opportunity.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I would have never guessed it would be ending in a 10 episode season. But of course I can't complain because the show is finally getting the ending it deserves.
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 15, 2016, 10:56:56 PM
I'm glad it's getting an ending. It deserves one.

But I do wish Sym-Bionic Titan would get the same opportunity.
Maybe one day.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

CN wrote off SBT. Sorry, but it won't happen.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on June 16, 2016, 12:30:04 AM
CN wrote off SBT. Sorry, but it won't happen.

Who owns it now?

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on June 16, 2016, 05:48:05 AMWho owns it now?

I don't know. I'm not really sure what happens to CN shows when they're used for tax write-offs.

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

New Season 5 teaser.

Also, it'll air at 11:00 now instead of 11:30.

EDIT: Another teaser!

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun

What we figured might happen is finally confirmed: Greg Baldwin will be Aku.

Quote"Ever since seeing Conan the Barbarian in 1982, Mako's voice has just been instrumental in my life," Tartakovsky says. "When he passed away — he was that character — he was a classical actor doing this monster and that was the magic. I thought for a while, what if I didn't replace him at all? And that was too much. So Greg Baldwin stepped in. Phil's amazing, but Mako did something, and the mimicking of that is hard."

Also, Adult Swim posted this sweet clip on their YouTube channel.

Peanutbutter

Good. He fit into Iroh in Avatar, Baldwin can certainly do well as Aku.

Daikun

The backdoor schedule states that season 5 will have encores on Wednesdays at 10PM.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on March 01, 2017, 02:41:31 PM
The backdoor schedule states that season 5 will have encores on Wednesdays at 10PM.

Whoa, what? Toonami is actually spreading out on AS's schedule? Nice!

(I'm aware it won't be Toonami officially, but good to see AS actually doing different things with their lineup for once. It's completely fair with how long the Fox reruns dominated Saturdays.)

Avaitor

We have a geek-themed bar here that's throwing a premiere party. They're doing a marathon of the original show now, but I won't head over until a little before the premiere starts.

I think I mentioned this before, but Jack wasn't one of my favorite CN series, yet I'm very excited for this. Mainly because it seems to have turned out how Genndy wanted it to.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Premiere was amazing! The art, the fight choreography, the storyboarding, brand new villains with fun personalities.....everything great about the original run is here. Amazingly enough, no TV-14 level violence yet though there was some interesting implied nudity and disturbing hallucinations.