Samurai Jack

Started by gunswordfist, November 15, 2011, 11:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Jack's Dad was an actual samurai.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

You know, I thought a daughter would be defeated once per episode. Took me by complete surprise that Jack just finished them like that (he *did* warn them, though, and it *was* in self-defense). I thought the whole "reflection of who you really are" flashback foreshadowed him finding a non-lethal solution, not the other way around. XD The fight scene was still cool. Jack used the white of the snow the way they daughters used the dark of the temple. Felt like after last episode, he'd struggle a bit more though.

I hope Ashi's alive though. Would feel a tad anticlimactic for them to single her out and do nothing with that.

LumRanmaYasha

Stunning use of white and silhouettes in yesterday's episode. So minimalist and yet so gorgeous. Tartakovsky is a genius at staging and choreographing fight scenes.

I don't prescribe to the theory that Ashi will be the one to kill Aku, but I do think she'll eventually become an ally of Jack and a leader for a future without Aku (assuming that this timeline isn't rewritten by Jack going back to the past).

gunswordfist

I do think a few of them could still be alive. With how the set of them being more human was done, I don't see why they wouldn't do something with that.
Also, I love that wolf. I am so happy that he or she did not get killed this episode. I'm more interested in seeing the wolf return (and again, not dying)
EDIT: I also think this episode may have been making fun of how much Samurai Jack sucks at first aid and/or how action stars in general suck at it. Case and point? Jack pulling out the dagger. About the worst thing he could have done AND he instantly passed out when he did it. He would have been dead if the wolf didn't help him and he splashed water or his or hers wound like an idiot lol

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

...I don't expect Jack to romance Ashi at all. I just see her and Scotsman helping in the final bout against Aku.

Peanutbutter

So Ashi seems to be journeying through the show's first season.

And I had a good chuckle out of a certain "gag" earlier.

Nel_Annette

That penis joke came out of nowhere. XD

Love Ashi's new look.

Daikun

Wow! It was great to see all the old characters again. :joy: However...

Spoiler
Demongo's alive? WTF?
[close]

LumRanmaYasha

It was fun to see some of the characters again, but like you said it's strange none of them have suffered any hardship since their encounters with Jack. I mean, I know Aku has gotten complacent, but you think he'd want to squash any sense of hope in the world the samurai has provided people. And it is frustrating Ashi didn't just lead by telling Jack that the children were okay - that whole sequence felt really drawn out. And as entertaining as Scaramouche is, his bits felt like padding. And why is Demongo alive? I hope that gets addressed and him coming back has a purpose rather than being a one-off cameo. I do think it's nice to get a fanservicy episode like this in a show's final season, especially since I'm sure most of these characters will help Jack in the final battle with Aku, but I agree that I think it was the weakest and most frustrating episode in the season so far.

Painted Outlaw

I wouldn't be surprised if Scaramouche hangs around just to get bumped off in 2 seconds when Jack and Ashi raid Aku's palace; same with Ashi's "mother".

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on April 23, 2017, 02:53:20 AM
Wow! It was great to see all the old characters again. :joy: However...

Spoiler
Demongo's alive? WTF?
[close]
I was so surprised and happy to see him again!!