Samurai Jack

Started by gunswordfist, November 15, 2011, 11:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

At this point I'd jump on a complete series box. I never got around to the original show and my tastes have changed enough that I really do appreciate it a lot now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Good essay! Ashi's character served a lot of purposes, but it often felt like her role as a plot device overshadowed her actual character development. That's one thing that makes the ending a little unsatisfying for me, since Ashi's death really hammers home that she was only a tool to get Jack back on his feet and back to the past, and the character development she received didn't end up being as important as her relationship to Jack and how she affected him.

gunswordfist

I rewatched the first Season 5 episode a day or two ago. Even more visually stunning than I remember. Just a perfect season opener.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

That's what I've been waiting for.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I'm definitely picking up season 5, probably on Blu. Since I already own 3/4 of the original series, not to mention how outlandish the price is (but that's MSRP- it'll definitely lower when it ships), I'll pass on the set and just try to find the right time to order season 2.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Daikun

gunswordfist

Peanutbutter

Good, hope it wins all of them.

gunswordfist

I read it. I am pretty sure they mean individuals won and they received the awards yesterday.