Who the Devil Are You?

Started by Commode, November 19, 2011, 05:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Who can blame him? Tennant is sex.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Foggle, I am envious of the fact that you enjoy being single. I WAS ONCE LIKE YOU.  :shit:

Oh yeah, I should probably update mine here at some point. A few things have changed in the preceding year since I wrote that... year older, got a job now, slightly more cynical and bitter than I used to be. That's enough, right?

Dr. Insomniac

Sadly, nothing has really changed for me. Can't redo a survey if it would be literally the exact same answers.

Spark Of Spirit

Mine would probably be the same, too. I guess maybe every couple of years would be easier?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Yeah, it's probably not worth the effort if only 3-4 answers, at most, would be any different.

Ah well.

LumRanmaYasha

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I never posted in this before, and since the one-year anniversary of when I first registered on this forum is coming up, I felt I might as well fill this out.  ;)

1) First name : Siddharth

2) Last name : That's Classified (sorry, not completely comfortable with giving my full name  :sweat: )

3) Gender (M/F) : Male

4) Age : 17

5) State : New York

6) City : New York City

7) Occupation : Don't have one. I'm a college art student.

8) Hobbies : Drawing, biking, golfing, chess, violin, and karate.

9) Religious (yes / no) : No.

10) Single / girlfriend-boyfriend / married : Single.

11) Fav subject at school / university : Drawing.

12) Most hated subject at school / university : Don't got one...but I'm not great at math, I suppose.  :sweat:

13) Fav Comic Book : Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

14) Fav Comic Book Villain : Legato Bluesummers

15) Fav Comic Book Hero : Vash the Stampede

16) Computers ( not so good / good / expert ) : Good

17) Favorite computer/video game : Pokemon: FireRed/LeafGreen

18) Other forums / websites you visit often : ToonZone, Platypus Comix, Anime News Network, Serebii, Dogasu, Greg's blog of Clue by Fours, Brawl in the Family, Nuzlocke, Slightly Biased Manga, Youtube, Hulu, others I may be forgetting atm...

19) Fav song : "We Didn't Start the Fire"

20) Fav music album : Dunno, I'm not very knowledgeable about music. I guess there was this one ABBA CD I really liked listening to, though, and it had "Dancing Queen" and "Mama Mia" on it, but I don't know what it's called.

21) Favorite singer : Not great with music, so dunno really. For now I'll go with Billy Joel.

22) Fav band : ....again, dunno. As I said before, though, I like ABBA.

23) Live concerts you've been to : Haven't been to any.  :sweat:

24) Fav line / verse in a song: I have to think about this for a moment, but I don't think I can go wrong with "How can I help you, King DeDeDe? I want a monster to clobba' that dere Kirby! Well, at NME we serve to please! You better have a money-back guarantee!"  :lol:

25) Members from this forum you've met In Real Life : None.

26) Explain Your Username : It's pretty uncreative. I like cartoons, so that explains the "Cartoon" part, and I wanted to be anonymous, so hence the "X."

27) Favorite T.V channel : Cartoon Network, since I watch more shows on it than any other channel.

28) Favorite animated T.V show : South Park

29) Fav non-animated T.V show : Community

30) Fav Superman movie : The Worlds Finest

31) Fav Batman movie : Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

32) Fav animated movie : Persepolis. Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer is my favorite anime movie, by the way.   :humhumhum:

33) Fav non-animated movie : Black Dynamite

34) Fav movie genre : Don't have a preference.

35) Fav director : Mamorou Oishii

36) Favorite actor : If voice actors count, Christopher Sabat.

37) Favorite actress : Amy Poehler

38) Fav movie quote :

Quote- Man, you guys ain't had no waffles like these. These waffles are so good, they're like they come from down South. These buttery motherfuckers will melt in your mouth. Man you ain't had no waffles...
- Wait! Bullhorn, what did you just say? You said, 'Melts in your mouth'. Quick...
[erases the restaurant menu blackboard]
- What else melts in your mouth?
- M&M's!
- Exactly. And not in your hands. And who makes M&M's?
- Mars Candy Company make it. Yeah, yeah.
- And Mars is also...
- The Roman God of War.
- Who is the Greek God of War?
- Ares.
- Now, you take Mars and spell it backwards, drop the S.
- Ram. That's right. And ram is the zodialogical sign for Aries. Oh! Now dig. Ares' half-sister is Athena.
- Now you're getting it.
- Whoa, whoa, whoa. Athena, Athens.
- Which is the capital of Greece.
- And as we all know, zodialogical astronomy was created by the Greeks in...
- 785 B.C.
- And 785 is the area code to Topeka. Oh, my God. 785 is the area code to Topeka, Kansas!
-Code Kansas!
- Now take that, spell it backwards and drop the S.
- Snake doc. Snake doctor, yeah!
- Yes. And brothers, who is the Greek Demigod of Medicine who believed that snakes' tongues had mystical healing powers?
- Aesculapius, of course. He had a staff with snakes intertwining all around that bitch. They called it Aesculapius' staff. It's a symbol the medical field uses to this day.
- Now, what legend involving snakes is in both Greek and Roman mythology? Now, come on. It involves Aesculapius' own father.
- Apollo.
- Yeah. Thanks, lady.
- That's right. Apollo slew the serpent at Delphi, which was a big-ass snake.
- And what, brothers, is the biggest snake in the world?
- The South American anaconda.
- What she said.
- Anaconda Malt Liquor!
- And what is the slogan for Anaconda Malt Liquor? Anaconda Malt Liquor gives you...
- WHOOOOO!
- Gives you what?
- WHOOOOO!
- And who else is famous for...
- WHOOOOO! Little Richard!
- Who?
-Little Richard!
- So, what they're really saying is...
- Anaconda Malt Liquor gives you... Little Richard?
-What is another word for Richard?
[The gang look down on their pants]
- Gunsmoke!

39) How did you find this forum : From the Toonzone talkback thread for AR's Top 65 Animated Cartoons.

40) Fav section in this forum : The Anime section.

41) Fav thread : Favorite Anime.

42) Fav Book : 1984

43) Fav Author : George Orwell

44) Fav book quote :
?Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."

45) Traveled to : India, Britain, Scotland, France, Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Brazil, Ecuador, The Galapagos Islands.

46) What is the wildest thing you ever done?: Not a very wild guy, sorry!

47) Things you like about people : Honesty and kindness.

48) Things you hate about people : Pretension, bullying, stubbornness, and passive-agressiveness.

49) The world is (ugly / ok / wonderful) : Complicated.

50) I visit this forum (everyday / 2-3 times a week / rarely ) : Everyday.

51) Fav food : Rice.

52) Favorite drink : Water.

53) Fast Food Restaurant: Subway.

54) The word "Nostalgia" reminds me of : The days where I would wake up early in the morning to watch Hamtaro and 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo.

55) Fav sport : Golf

56) Favorite sports team : Don't got one.

57) Which sport do you practice : Recreationally? Golf, biking, swimming, running, tennis, basketball, soccer.

58) Hottest man alive(or animated, or both) : Shahruk Khan

59) Hottest woman alive(or animated, or both) : Lots!

60) Nicknames : Sid

61) Languages : English.

62) I've been working : Nowhere.

63) Any records (things you did real fast or things only you can do) : Not that I can recall...

64) Favorite color : Blue.

65) What is your biggest dream : Creating an animated series.

66) Fav quote : Same as #38.

67) Vehicle : Dont got one.

68) Pick ONE - (Meat / Chicken / Fish / I'm a veggie) : Chicken.

69) Favorite season : Summer.

70) PINEAPPLE on your Pizza (Disaster / I dont mind / Yummy ) : I don't mind.

71) Like to collect anything?(y'know stamps,stones,or whateva): Manga.

72) If you could meet any person in the universe for 4-eyes-meeting, who will you choose and why?: I'd love to meet Richard Williams and study animation under him.

73) How do you see yourself 10 years from now?(be serious, say what kind of job youre planning to have, what are you planning to study etc): Hopefully I'll be working in the animation biz, doing storyboarding or directing work, and making my own comics regularly as well.

74) If a poor Muggle like you would ever get a chance to wear the Sorting Hat...which house will it choose for you?--NOTE : this is not which house YOU would like to be in, but which one do you think the hat will choose for you (Ravenclaw/Gryffindor/Hufflepuff/Slytherin) : Hufflepuff.

1 question I'm sure the girls would like....

75) Snape is (Damn Sexy! / Damn Ugly!) : NO COMMENT!

76) If you could have more Time or more Money, what would you choose ? Time, no question!

77) Your pic: Ain't it my avatar?  :D
[/quote]

Commode

I'm 25 now(good lord), and my list of places traveled should include Italy(Naples, Rome, Augusta Bay Sicily), Greece(Souda Bay, Rhodes), Cyprus(Limassol, Larnaca), and Israel(Haifa, Jerusalem, Nazareth) after places I visited on my last deployment.  There were a few other places, but those are the notable ones.

I think that's about it for changes.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

1) First name : Talon

2) Last name : Malon (still not seriously answering these two questions)

3) Gender (M/F) : M

4) Age : 22

5) State : PA

6) City : Don't live in the city. I live in a town on the side of Philadelphia, though.

7) Occupation : I work in the food industry all year around. Usher at the Mann music center in the summer.

8) Hobbies : Music, movies, video games, typical stuff, etc.

9) Religious (yes / no) : Catholic

10) Single / girlfriend-boyfriend / married : Single

11) Fav subject at school / university : Eh, don't have a favorite. It depends 99% on the class and teacher.

12) Most hated subject at school / university : Typically, it's math.

13) Fav Comic Book : Batman

14) Fav Comic Book Villain : The Joker

15) Fav Comic Book Hero : My above two answers should give a hint here.

16) Computers ( not so good / good / expert ) : Good

17) Favorite computer/video game : Depends. Super Mario Galaxy/2 as of now, I guess.

18) Other forums / websites you visit often : This is really the only forum I use now. As for other sites, facebook.

19) Fav song : The Truth Will Always Be

20) Fav music album : Secret Story

21) Favorite singer : Ooooh, tough one. It really depends on the type of music.

22) Fav band : I have a few favorites. A few would be Pink Floyd and Pat Metheny Group. My favorite "current" band is probably Imagine Dragons.

23) Live concerts you've been to : I've worked dozens and dozens of concerts in all my time as an usher. What live concerts have you be to?

24) Fav line / verse in a song: I'll need more time to think about this one.

25) Members from this forum you've met In Real Life : No one

26) Explain Your Username : Well Talon and Malon come from Ocarina of Time. Other than that though, it's really an inside joke that would take paragraphs upon paragraphs to fully explain. I will say that, when I was young, three was my favorite number. So I decided to use that number, three times.

27) Favorite T.V channel : Don't have one. I don't watch a lot of TV currently.

28) Favorite animated T.V show : SpongeBob, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Batman.

29) Fav non-animated T.V show : Lost, without a doubt.

30) Fav Superman movie : Superman

31) Fav Batman movie : The Dark Knight

32) Fav animated movie : It's a never ending battle for me between Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King. Definitely one of those three though, or a Disney movie in general.

33) Fav non-animated movie : Jaws

34) Fav movie genre : Drama

35) Fav director : Hitchcock, the master himself.

36) Favorite actor : Jack Nicholson

37) Favorite actress : Audrey Hepburn

38) Fav movie quote : For this one, I can kind of insert Quint's entire monologue inside the boat at night. Anyone who's seen the movie should know which I'm talking about.

39) How did you find this forum : E-K recommended it to me back in the TV.com era.

40) Fav section in this forum : My favorite section is probably the Animation one. But the one I use most is the Other Entertainment one. It's kind of weird like that for me.

41) Fav thread : And "Top Favorites" thread. Because I'm talonmalon333 and making lists and picking favorites is kind of my thing.

42) Fav Book : Animal Farm

43) Fav Author : Not sure.

44) Fav book quote : Not sure about this one, either.

45) Traveled to : Well I go to Ocean City, New Jersey every summer. As for big places I've been to, I went to Jamaica with my family when I was about 13 years old, and I went to Disney World for Senior Week after graduating high school with friends.

46) What is the wildest thing you ever done? I don't know. I lived through a house fire a few years ago. And when I was a little kid, I frequently got lost in huge places.

47) Things you like about people : Likable parts of them.

48) Things you hate about people : Unlikable parts of them. :P

49) The world is (ugly / ok / wonderful) : Wonderful   /corniness

50) I visit this forum (everyday / 2-3 times a week / rarely ) : I'd say I check it pretty much every day.

51) Fav food : Pasta

52) Favorite drink : Ice tea

53) Fast Food Restaurant: Five Guys? A bit overrated, but maybe I'd pick that. I'm trying to think of what qualifies as "fast food" overall, though.

54) The word "Nostalgia" reminds me of : The things I miss most.

55) Fav sport : Baseball or football.

56) Favorite sports team : Phillies and Eagles

57) Which sport do you practice : None

58) Hottest man alive(or animated, or both) : I'll leave this for the ladies to decide.

59) Hottest woman alive(or animated, or both) : My typical choice here is Anne Hathaway, but she kind of cut off 90% of her hair and shrunk herself for Les Mis. I'm imagining she still looks like that for the most part currently, so I'll go with Natalie Portman.

60) Nicknames : I'll just answer this in reference to my online name. And I'd say just about everyone here calls me Talon.

61) Languages : I only speak English. I didn't have the best experience learning other languages.

62) I've been working : Wasn't this question already asked earlier?

63) Any records (things you did real fast or things only you can do) : I'll pretend this is a music question just so I can mention that my friends and I record music with our band.

64) Favorite color : I don't know. It honestly changes depending on the season. In October, it's orange and black. During this holiday season, it's green and red... I guess.

65) What is your biggest dream : To live the good life.

66) Fav quote : "Because all we need to survive is one person who truly loves us."

67) Vehicle : I don't own my own.

68) Pick ONE - (Meat / Chicken / Fish / I'm a veggie) : wut

69) Favorite season : I love every season for what they are. Autumn for the colorful trees, the weather officially turning from hot to cold, the days getting shorter, and the Halloween season. Winter for those cold days, and Christmas, and snow of course (by the way, it snowed here today). Spring for changing the weather from cold to warm, days getting longer again, starting to be able to wear shorts again, and of course that extremely nice weather. Summer for really long days, windiness, going to the beach, air conditioning. If I had to rank them, it would go: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn

70) PINEAPPLE on your Pizza (Disaster / I dont mind / Yummy ) : Disaster

71) Like to collect anything?(y'know stamps,stones,or whateva): Movies. I own so many at this point. Haven't watched so many of them yet though.

72) If you could meet any person in the universe for 4-eyes-meeting, who will you choose and why? Don't even know.

73) How do you see yourself 10 years from now?(be serious, say what kind of job youre planning to have, what are you planning to study etc). Well as of now, I'm planning to do something biology related. Marine biology, in particular. So let's see how that goes.

74) If a poor Muggle like you would ever get a chance to wear the Sorting Hat...which house will it choose for you?--NOTE : this is not which house YOU would like to be in, but which one do you think the hat will choose for you (Ravenclaw/Gryffindor/Hufflepuff/Slytherin) : Probably Gryffindor.

1 question I'm sure the girls would like....

75) Snape is (Damn Sexy! / Damn Ugly!) : Well I happen to not be one of those girls that would like this question. Though Snape might be the best character in those stories.

76) If you could have more Time or more Money, what would you choose ? More time would be awesome, but more money would make that time possibly be more valuable. Tie.

77) Your pic: <--- My avatar

Micki!

A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Lord Il

Quote from: Micki! on January 10, 2014, 02:26:37 PM
This is who I am, little less about me is needed:

After German border trip:

http://i.imgur.com/OhKqKPMh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iUV6222h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DGQbA7yh.jpg
So. Much. Candy...... :il_hahaha:

I'm curious... are Kinder Surprise eggs available there? They're basically a hollow chocolate egg with a small toy inside. Some places have them banned because they figure them to be a potential choking hazard.

Micki!

Since they were made in Germany, yeah they exist :D we have them in Denmark too, it's never really come across anyone's minds here to ever want them banned, but the toys in them these days are mostly not really much to go for, and they're pretty espensive if in the end, all you want is the chocolate, in which case they make countless of other things that are worth more... They occasionally have a selection of small figures though, I guess if people are into them that's cool...

Here's a pic of some
http://www.thore.se/Handpainted/Bilder/HippoHolidayEU.jpg
http://planet-surprise.com/pix/neu0962.jpg
http://www.thore.se/Handpainted/Bilder/HippoGymD.jpg

There was a time when the figures they sold had really high quality designs too, nice shapes, weight to them, and looked really great, the ones i specifically remember the best are their hippos, they looked great and often had themes and all sorts of crazy things going on, making them worth it to collect if you felt like doing so... But mostly these days it's just plastic toys to assemble yourself, or even completely plain pieces of plastic that are supposed to be toys or something... I don't think I even saw stickers coming with these things you assemble on your own for a while, so they're kinda not really worth it at all form what I recall lately...

Now, if they ever made high quality (like the hippos) figures of Animal Crossing themed characters, I'd be all over these, but nice mostly it's just flimsy toys when I check them out these days, there's little that drives me into bothering to buy those...  :srs:

German chocolate is the best, by the way :sumi_embarrassed:

Commode

Yeah, the FDA has banned the import of the Kinder Egg into the US.  Remember the Wonder Balls?  They were kind of similar, and they even originally had a small toy of various Disney characters.  Eventually they changed it to stickers, where the inside of the ball had candy instead.   Don't think they make the Wonder Ball anymore though.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah, they don't make Wonder Balls anymore.

There's a British store downtown here that actually has Kinder Eggs, and I always tell myself that I'd get one to try it out whenever I go, but I always pass. Remind me to change this the next time I go.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Inkwolf

Wow.

Just when I was wishing I knew of a fun place to hang out online (after a few months trying to break into an unfriendly, hostile, insanely-strictly-moderated game forum elsewhere) I find that the fabulous Excel Saga Forum has blossomed out into a wholesale animation-and-stuff forum!

I only trickled in out of nostalgia as I await Rightstuf's delivery of my Volume 27, but I hope to be here much more often now. ^^

Hail Il Palazzo!  :il_hahaha:

And hi again, all you other old Excel fans!

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Micki!

Hey Inkwolf, it's great to see you here :D
Hope you'll find your way around the other topics around here as well, and if you have any contacts from the old forum that haven't discovered the new forum yet, please do let them know..! It's hard to get a hold of some people  :kabapu: