Who the Devil Are You?

Started by Commode, November 19, 2011, 05:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkwolf

Good to see you again, too, Micki!

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Foggle

Lord Il

Quote from: Inkwolf on February 16, 2014, 12:27:22 PM

Hail Il Palazzo!  :il_hahaha:
You rang?  :e_tongue:

Been a while. Great to have you along with us, Inkwolf!
Like the old ES forum, we keep pretty casual here. Suits and ties be damned!
;D

Quote from: Micki! on February 16, 2014, 01:03:05 PMif you have any contacts from the old forum that haven't discovered the new forum yet, please do let them know..! It's hard to get a hold of some people  :kabapu:
Yeah, you have that right. I tried personally emailing our regulars as well as semi-regulars. Only a palmful responded. :??:

Inkwolf

It's great to see you guys again, too, Foggle and Lord Il Palazzo!! :D

Sorry, but Foggle is pretty much the only one I ever met outside this board.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

ElricJC

1) First name : Elric

2) Last name : Colvill

3) Gender (M/F) : M

4) Age : 33

5) State : Iowa

6) City : Ames

7) Occupation : Iowa State University Staff

8) Hobbies : Reading/Writing, RPGs, martial arts, Culinary arts, history

9) Religious (yes / no) : No. Spiritual, but not religious. I dislike organized religion as a rule, but I'm not intolerant of anyone. Except Scientologists. Fuck Scientologists.

10) Single / girlfriend-boyfriend / married : Single

11) Fav subject at school / university : English and History (tied)

12) Most hated subject at school / university : Math. Fuck Math. And screw my brain for not being able to comprehend anything beyond basic algebra.

13) Fav Comic Book : Ooh, erm... have to a tie between Excel Saga and Blade of the Immortal.

14) Fav Comic Book Villain : Anotsu Kagehisa

15) Fav Comic Book Hero : Manji

16) Computers ( not so good / good / expert ) : Average

17) Favorite computer/video game : Skyrim

18) Other forums / websites you visit often : Mtgsalvation.com, escapistmagazine.com, roosterteeth.com

19) Fav song : Can't pick just one, my tastes range and vary day to day

20) Fav music album : Meh, don't go for albums.

21) Favorite singer : None. Again, too broad of tastes

22) Fav band : Ditto.

23) Live concerts you've been to : None. Not much of a concert person. I get the urge to elbow punch people in tight crowds.

24) Fav line / verse in a song: Again, I'm indecisive as hell about stuff like this  :P

25) Members from this forum you've met In Real Life : None

26) Explain Your Username : Using my real name keeps me from being a complete shitberry (anonymity of the internet and all), plus my real name is already a fantasy name, so hell, why not?

27) Favorite T.V channel : HBO I suppose

28) Favorite animated T.V show : Red vs. Blue. I have to count Machinima here.

29) Fav non-animated T.V show : Game of Thrones

30) Fav Superman movie : *snerk* None. Superman is boring.

31) Fav Batman movie : The Dark Knight

32) Fav animated movie : Too many to choose from.

33) Fav non-animated movie : Again. Hard to play favorites.

34) Fav movie genre : Sci-Fi

35) Fav director : Joss Whedon

36) Favorite actor : Patrick Stewart

37) Favorite actress : Sigourney Weaver

38) Fav movie quote : "I crap bigger than you" - Curly, "City Slickers"

39) How did you find this forum : Was looking for the old Excel Saga Forum, found it missing but say Foggle in association with this forum and remembered him, followed it here, and bam, I am back.

40) Fav section in this forum : Just got here, guess we'll find out.

41) Fav thread : ""

42) Fav Book : Thud!

43) Fav Author : Terry Prattchet

44) Fav book quote : "I was not threatening the King, I was attempting to advise my nephew. Bronn, if Ser Meryn speaks again, kill him. Now that was a threat, see the difference?" - Tyrion Lannister

45) Traveled to : all over the western U.S., especially Portland, Oregon, and then east to Chicago

46) What is the wildest thing you ever done? Chased someone through a school with a salmon with a camera crew in tow, cornered him in a bathroom stall, and beat him with said fish. It was a bet. Don't bet me, I'll do it.

47) Things you like about people : Sharing ideas, interests, activities

48) Things you hate about people : Ignorance, stupidity, vanity.

49) The world is (ugly / ok / wonderful) : ugly

50) I visit this forum (everyday / 2-3 times a week / rarely ) : guess we'll see how often

51) Fav food : Curry. There, I could make a simple choice.

52) Favorite drink : Hard cider.

53) Fast Food Restaurant: None, I hate fast food

54) The word "Nostalgia" reminds me of : childhood

55) Fav sport : I dislike sports

56) Favorite sports team : same

57) Which sport do you practice : You can count martial arts, but it's not a sport for me

58) Hottest man alive(or animated, or both) : Hugh Jackman. I'm not gay, but if I had to look like someone.

59) Hottest woman alive(or animated, or both) : Living - Jolene Blalock. Eyes, lips, and dat ass. Animated, Tali'Zora Vas Normandy. I don't need to see her face, she's just hot (or cop-out photo of her). Also, dat ass.

60) Nicknames : None

61) Languages : English (Master's degree), and smatterings of German, Japanese, Spanish, Latin, and Ancient Assyrian (linguistics research project)

62) I've been working : My novel

63) Any records (things you did real fast or things only you can do) : Leg press 1,000lbs (well, back when I was fit. I'm getting back there)

64) Favorite color : Black

65) What is your biggest dream : To be a professional writer

66) Fav quote : "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

67) Vehicle : Scion xB

68) Pick ONE - (Meat / Chicken / Fish / I'm a veggie) : Chicken

69) Favorite season : Autumn

70) PINEAPPLE on your Pizza (Disaster / I dont mind / Yummy ) : NEVAR!

71) Like to collect anything?(y'know stamps,stones,or whateva) Signed novels/antique texts

72) If you could meet any person in the universe for 4-eyes-meeting, who will you choose and why? Patrick Stewart. Patrick Stewart is awesome.

73) How do you see yourself 10 years from now?(be serious, say what kind of job youre planning to have, what are you planning to study etc) Probably still where I am, maybe finally out of debt.

74) If a poor Muggle like you would ever get a chance to wear the Sorting Hat...which house will it choose for you?--NOTE : this is not which house YOU would like to be in, but which one do you think the hat will choose for you (Ravenclaw/Gryffindor/Hufflepuff/Slytherin) : Slytherin

1 question I'm sure the girls would like....

75) Snape is (Damn Sexy! / Damn Ugly!) :

76) If you could have more Time or more Money, what would you choose ? Time. I'm not a materialist, but I value my time

77) Your pic: Not happening.

So to those people who might remember me from the Excel Saga forums, I'm back :D

Avaitor

Hey, welcome!

Nice answers on some of those, btw. ;)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: ElricJC on May 25, 2014, 08:04:12 PM
So to those people who might remember me from the Excel Saga forums, I'm back :D
Welcome back!! It's been years, man. We missed you. :e_hail: :h_hail: :el_hail: :im_nabeshin:

Micki!

Hell yeah, great to see you again Elric !!! :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

ElricJC

Thanks everyone, and it's good to be back Foggle and Micki! I don't even remember how many years it's been. Didn't stop showing for any particular reason, just kind of drifted, wasn't reading much manga anymore. It may have even been towards the end of my grad school time, and I was all-consumed. Also I am SUPER behind on the Excel Saga manga... I stopped at Vol. 22, and wasn't buying anything more except for Spice & Wolf novels (very big fan of that under-appreciated series as well. I have a thing for the under dog. Or wolf, in this case), getting the novels where the anime fell off. But I do mean to get back to ES, once I have some of this mysterious stuff people call "money" to "spend" on stuff that is not "Food" or "Bills" or "Crushing debt" :D

For anyone that remembers, I am nearing completion of my novel's 10th, read it, 10th editing (!!!) before I send it to an artist friend of mine who is doing the cover work on royalty commission, and I will be publishing through Amazon Kindle to start with. So hopefully "Weird Wyrd" will be on the market within the next year or so... of course I said that last year, too, but fuck it. I will also be working on my new light novel series "Mountainheart" in the very near future. Things got put on hold these past couple years due to my mother's failing health, and since January this year her passing. Life is starting to get back to normal now, or as normal as it gets with me.

See everyone around  :e_hail:

Micki!

Apart form not being able to afford mangas  :il_hahaha: ... I'm happy to hear you're seeming to do really well..!
We were afraid some people would lose grasp of this place entirely ever since we lost the old domain name, but you found your way here, so that's great..! I dunno about how long it must have been, 4 year I think it was..!

You got to read on with Excel Saga whenever you can, it only gets weirder, but we like it that way, don't we :P

Didn't know you were working on a novel and such, I'll have to look into this once it's available ..!

Foggle

Very nice, I can't wait to see the finished version of your novel! I think I remember you showing me an earlier draft of it. :) Will there be a way to read it on anything other than Kindle? I don't have one.

ElricJC

Well, I will also be hosting a Cafe Press site selling associated merchandise and a trade paper version of the book (but it's POD, so it will probably be something stupid like $25  :pedro_nooo: but I have little control over that). Until I can get the attention of publishers, it's pretty much guerilla e-warfare and word of mouth/shameless whoring. My last attempt at publishing fell short, plus the market is pretty ugly for new authors, even those that get published. Terms companies are offering for new work are frankly insulting. I will find a way to persevere though :D. Worst case scenario I could even email you the MS Word copy I have once it's edited. Kind of annoying to read that way, but if you want, I can do that. I have another 360 pages yet to edit (out of roughly 570-580 - there is still some page fluctuation). Kind of long for a fart-joke laden comedic fantasy novel, but I'm told it reads faster than that :D.

Micki!

unrelated, but I just wanna hail at your avatar, Mister Torgue is one of my all-time favorite characters from Borderlands :kabapu:

Lord Il

Been a long while, ElricJC. Good to see you once again. I enjoyed your posts over at the old ES Forums.

Admittedly our transition to AR has been slow in terms of old members finding their way here. Or in your case, life does indeed get in the way for some and priorities must be met accordingly. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Glad you're along with us once again.
:e_hail:

Avaitor

I feel like this one requires a bump, and an update.

1) First name : My

2) Last name : Mom

3) Gender (M/F) : M

4) Age : 24

5) State : FL

6) City : Orlando

7) Occupation : Student

8) Hobbies : Existing

9) Religious (yes / no) : No

10) Single / girlfriend-boyfriend / married : Girlfriend

11) Fav subject at school / university : I'm a film major, so I generally enjoy my classes...

12) Most hated subject at school / university : ...unless the professor has no passion or treats their class like a high school classroom. No fun.

13) Fav Comic Book : I'm still collecting every first volume Avengers issue to this day

14) Fav Comic Book Villain : Magneto

15) Fav Comic Book Hero : Silver Surfer

16) Computers ( not so good / good / expert ) : Adequate, not my strong suit

17) Favorite computer/video game : I go back to Star Fox 64 and Sonic 1-3 the most, so likely those

18) Other forums / websites you visit often : I still check tz and UltimateDisney/DVDizzy, but this is still my #1 forum by far. I'm also on FB and rarely Twitter. I'm currently locked out of my tumblr outside of mobiel, though, and I'm waiting for the motivation to make a new account so I can still have access to my CN blog.

19) Fav song :

20) Fav music album : Honestly? It's insane how many times I've listened to The Book of Souls since it came out

21) Favorite singer : Bruce Dickinson

22) Fav band : Yeah, this hasn't changed

23) Live concerts you've been to : Geez, let's see. Iron Maiden (x2), Demi Lovato (x2, as well as opener Cher Lloyd), Torche (x2) as opener for Clutch (+Lionize) and Failure/Hum (although I had to bail on the Failure set for certain reasons), The Rolling Stones/opening band I forgot, Extreme, At the Gates/Harm's Way/some other band I forget, High on Fire/Crowbar/Gillian Carter/other, Refused/The Coat Hangers/other, Ghost/Purson, The Joy Formidable, Napalm Death/Melvins/Melt Banana. I'm seeing Sleep next week (for a one-off Pulse benefit gig), as well as possibly Baroness and Pallbearer and Marduk/Rotting Christ/Carach Angren/Necromonicon in September, and maybe Ghost in October. And if all goes well for Joe Perry and they come anywhere near me, I will see Aerosmith's farewell tour.

24) Fav line / verse in a song:

25) Members from this forum you've met In Real Life : None

26) Explain Your Username : I still don't recall why this typo has stuck

27) Favorite T.V channel : TCM

28) Favorite animated T.V show : As a child, it was a three-way tie with the original Looney Tunes, Tex Avery's MGM work (as well as other MGM works to a slightly lesser extent), and Ed, Edd n' Eddy. As an adult, my top 5 are the original Looney Tunes, MGM, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, King of the Hill, and Archer, with a strong emphasis on the top 3.

29) Fav non-animated T.V show : This will be revealed at a later time, maybe

30) Fav Superman movie : The first

31) Fav Batman movie : Mask of the Phantasm

32) Fav animated movie : The Nightmare Before Christmas

33) Fav non-animated movie : Today, I'll say Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

34) Fav movie genre : I'm down for anything. Really, I'd like to try everything at some point.

35) Fav director : Alfred Hitchcock and Billy Wilder

36) Favorite actor :  :??:

37) Favorite actress : Sissy Spacek, maybe? :??:

38) Fav movie quote :

39) How did you find this forum : Well, you see...

40) Fav section in this forum : I like to find time for all of them!

41) Fav thread : Any of the "Currently _"'s are always important

42) Fav Book : Dracula

43) Fav Author : Lovecraft? Tolstoy? Asimov? :??:

44) Fav book quote :

45) Traveled to : Georgia a bunch, North Carolina twice, DC once. I'm aiming to go to either California or England when I graduate next spring (ideally, both).

46) What is the wildest thing you ever done? I don't remember it

47) Things you like about people : Some things

48) Things you hate about people : People's knees

49) The world is (ugly / ok / wonderful) : Okay

50) I visit this forum (everyday / 2-3 times a week / rarely ) : Every day

51) Fav food : Seafood!

52) Favorite drink : Water

53) Fast Food Restaurant: Well, since I've been working at Zaxby's for about 2 years, I can't really say anything else, huh?

54) The word "Nostalgia" reminds me of : Magic Kingdom, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, pre-KC takeover Nickelodeon, pre-City Era CN, hide and seek, sneaking off "into the woods" (aka past the fence of my friend's backyard), kickball, and Doug Walker.

55) Fav sport : Sports aren't really my thing, but I can feign interest for most of them

56) Favorite sports team : Meh

57) Which sport do you practice : None, really

58) Hottest man alive(or animated, or both) : Bruce Dickinson, Idris Elba

59) Hottest woman alive(or animated, or both) : Demi Lovato, Julianna Margulies, Alison Mosshart

60) Nicknames :

61) Languages : Primarily English

62) I've been working : I've been drinkin'

63) Any records (things you did real fast or things only you can do) : I own plenty of records!

64) Favorite color : Black and gray

65) What is your biggest dream : To be in the film industry, and have some ties to animation

66) Fav quote :

67) Vehicle : 1994 red Honda Accord

68) Pick ONE - (Meat / Chicken / Fish / I'm a veggie) : Meat

69) Favorite season : Part of me wants to say fall, for the sake of Halloween, but it only gets somewhat cold here in certain parts of winter, and I love the cold

70) PINEAPPLE on your Pizza (Disaster / I dont mind / Yummy ) : Good stuff

71) Like to collect anything?(y'know stamps,stones,or whateva) Music, movie, nerdy things that make me happy

72) If you could meet any person in the universe for 4-eyes-meeting, who will you choose and why? I'm still not crazy on this one

73) How do you see yourself 10 years from now?(be serious, say what kind of job youre planning to have, what are you planning to study etc) I just want to be happy

74) If a poor Muggle like you would ever get a chance to wear the Sorting Hat...which house will it choose for you?--NOTE : this is not which house YOU would like to be in, but which one do you think the hat will choose for you (Ravenclaw/Gryffindor/Hufflepuff/Slytherin) : Probably Ravenclaw

1 question I'm sure the girls would like....

75) Snape is (Damn Sexy! / Damn Ugly!) : Why is this still here?

Anyway, RIP Alan Rickman

76) If you could have more Time or more Money, what would you choose ? time for more money

77) Your pic:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/