The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

The PSX version of Klonoa is up on the PSN Store.  Isn't that lovely?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

So I used 1000 of my Wii Points on Majora's Mask, and I'm trying to decide whether to spend most of what's left on Ocarina of Time, Gunstar Heroes, or Samurai Shodown II.

Any suggestions, even for something else?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on December 28, 2011, 02:26:33 AM
So I used 1000 of my Wii Points on Majora's Mask, and I'm trying to decide whether to spend most of what's left on Ocarina of Time, Gunstar Heroes, or Samurai Shodown II.

I forget what's on the list, but for those three my vote goes to OoT. It's good to always have both N64 Zelda's on hand, for various reasons.

gunswordfist

Get Cave Story and Castlevania Adventure.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

On New Year's Eve I downloaded:
Shadow Force
GunForce 1 and 2
Crusader of Centy
Super Castlevania IV, Rondo of blood pc, bloodlines
Rocket Knight Adventures, Sparkster
Splatterhouse 1-3
Megaman Zero 1-4, Wily Wars, X 1-3
Alien Soldier
Chrono Trigger
Golden Axe Revenge Of Death Adder
Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
Double Dragon Advance
Secret Of Mana, Seiten Densetsu 3, Sword of Mana, Secret Of Evermore
Earthbound, Mother 3
Zelda Oracle of Ages and Season, Link's Awakening DX, Minish Cap
Donkey Kong Country SNES (Had to stop their, Desen needs to tell me which GBA versions to get)
Violent Storm
Golden Sun 1 and 2
Earthworm Jim 1 and 2

I didn't get any PS1 games like Strider 2, Brave Fencer Musashi and Tomba! 2 yet. or any Sega DC/Sega Saturn games yet.

I'm about to download both versions of Shadowrun, Link to the Past and the European version of Contra Hard Corps.

Spark Of Spirit

If you haven't spent them yet, I'd say that Gunstar Heroes is the best bang for your buck. It's still Treasure's best game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on December 31, 2011, 11:45:41 PM

If you haven't spent them yet, I'd say that Gunstar Heroes is the best bang for your buck. It's still Treasure's best game.
Disagreed. Looks like we'll never agree on Treasure games.

Spark Of Spirit

I found Mega Man 3 and 4 Gameboy today and scooped 'em up. Mega Man 3 is pretty much like the first two, though the difficulty is much better balanced in not being overly hard like 1 or brain-dead easy like 2 so if you find it, just give it a go. 4 is a bit different, as the levels are a bit more creatively laid out and is a bit more separated from the NES games despite mostly being based on my second least favorite NES Mega Man game, it's pretty frickin' good. The screen is a little more zoomed out (just a bit) so that it's easier to see everything, and the enemies are easier to hit. From my experience, Mega Man 3 and 4 for the Gameboy are way better than 1 and 2.

The only one left to try is 5. Shame it wasn't there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Just bought a fat PS2 for 5 bucks.  It's pretty cool, since my PS3 doesn't play PS2 games, and my old PS2 I gave to my brother ages ago, and I don't know if he still has it.

EDIT: I don't know if the ps2 is retro enough for this thread.  Eh.

Foggle

Quote from: SNES Chalmers on January 07, 2012, 01:55:00 PM
Just bought a fat PS2 for 5 bucks.
5 bucks!?!?! Holy shit! Freakin' steal.

Commode

Yeah, that's why I bought it.  Then I went over to GameStop, where they are having a buy two get one free deal on PS2 games, and got Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Sly Cooper 1 and 2, THPS3 and Simpsons Road Rage all for just over 16 bucks.  So yeah, good PS2 day.

Spark Of Spirit

If you're part of Club Nintendo, you can now use 150 of your coins to buy it without spending a dime.

Just thought everyone would like to know.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I did just that yesterday.

Here's hoping Metroid II is part of the next round of games. I'm super anxious to play that one.

gunswordfist

I finally beat Shiva's stage on Bare Knuckle 3 via not losing two continues from being an idiot. This game is almost too easy. Helluva lot more fun though. Interesting seeing how pissed off Axel gets.

Commode

Got some N64 games, including Mischief Makers, Cruis'N USA, Beetle Adventure Racing(it sounds stupid, but it's a pretty fun game), and the best thing that happened in the wake of The Phantom Menace, the Podracing game.  Got 'em all for just under 15 bucks total.  Also got a copy of Rockin' Kats and Pokemon Trading Card Game, both of which I've had in the past but no longer had.