Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

At least the fan translations for Ashita no Joe (which is currently the only way to read it in English) are excellent. If Kodansha USA were to officially release the manga with that exact dialogue, nobody would be questioning whether or not they were professional quality translations or not.

I do agree that most fan translations are shit, though. Thankfully companies like VIZ have made manga much more accessible and affordable so that people don't need to keep relying on unofficial scripts which sound awful.

LumRanmaYasha

gunswordfist

I did not even notice that much depth to the episode. You're right, if the bad animation wasn't so distracting, it would have been a good episode.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 05, 2016, 10:16:46 PM
I did not even notice that much depth to the episode. You're right, if the bad animation wasn't so distracting, it would have been a good episode.

It really is a shame that the show's presentation can't live up to it's content. Alas.

Anyways, another day, another installment of the Clusterfuck! Today's review: Days

Dr. Insomniac

Lord Dalek

Dr. Insomniac

LumRanmaYasha

It looks like I'm not missing much by not watching any anime this season. Sounds like slim pickings.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yuri on Ice is the only one I've seen that could potentially be great, and All Out! could be a fairly decent sports anime for what it is. Other than that, absolutely nothing else from this season has my interest.

VLordGTZ

I enjoyed the first eps of DriftersMarch comes in like a lion, and Yuri on Ice so I'll probably keep up with them. Ajin season 2 is also airing but I'll wait for the dub (which will probably come out in January).  Beyond those series, there's nothing that interests me that isn't a sequel to a series I haven't watched/caught up on.

Spark Of Spirit

Looks like it's just JoJo and Haikyu for me. I'll probably be letting my sub expire once they're done. We obviously aren't having a season as good as Spring again any time soon.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody