Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle is watching Kiba.

You and EK should choose for each other.  :thumbup:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Well EK gave Chalmers his choice, and Chalmey and I are working on something for him.

Let's see what you guys can come up for me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I'm coming out strong.

Genocyber.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Avaitor

Good lord, that was just the pilot?

This will get good. ;D
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hilarious review. I will say that the commentary kind of felt like it would be more suited to a video review than a written one, but it was still entertaining to read, nonetheless.

It kind of sucks that your only exposure to shounen has been the bad ones, but I can't blame you for your distaste of the genre after enduring titles like these.

Oh, BTW, I wanted to congratulate you, Foggle. You've officially made it further than I ever did in Kiba. I wasn't even able to make it past the first 10 minutes of the first episode (and let me just remind you that this was WAY back when I actually used to like Naruto....just keep that in mind....).

Foggle

I actually did originally want to do a video review for this feature, but I don't really have the time to right now. :??:

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 09, 2011, 09:31:38 PM
It kind of sucks that your only exposure to shounen has been the bad ones, but I can't blame you for your distaste of the genre after enduring titles like these.
Well, Full Metal Panic is considered shounen, and that's in my top 10. I also really liked Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin (as well as Trust and Betrayal) when I watched them way back when (I'll go through them again someday). ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Let me just say that I literally only watched this show because of exposure to asbestos and paint fumes during down time at my old job. I don't actually know why I watched this show.

I actually forgot how little this show actually explains things with this review and how human beings are actually treated as plot points and nothing else. Not to forget all the undeserved pretentious babbling for no reason.

By the way, this was made to advertise a card game in Japan. Can you tell?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Full Metal Panic is actually kind of weird in that regard. Some sources say its shounen, some say its seinen, and some say its neither.

Most fans just settle for calling it a sci-fi/mecha/drama/comedy series. That's how I define it, myself. Though, it should be noted that both the 1st season of the anime and Fumoffu get classified as shounen, whereas TSR doesn't fall under that category (and for obvious reasons).

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 09, 2011, 09:38:52 PM
Full Metal Panic is actually kind of weird in that regard. Some sources say its shounen, some say its seinen, and some say its neither.

Most fans just settle for calling it a sci-fi/mecha/drama/comedy series. That's how I define it, myself. Though, it should be noted that both the 1st season of the anime and Fumoffu get classified as shounen, whereas TSR doesn't fall under that category (and for obvious reasons).
Yeah, I suppose it does seem more appropriate to categorize TSR onward as seinen.
Quote from: Desensitized on January 09, 2011, 09:39:02 PM
:lol:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Desensitized on January 09, 2011, 09:39:02 PM
Let me just say that I literally only watched this show because of exposure to asbestos and paint fumes during down time at my old job. I don't actually know why I watched this show.

I actually forgot how little this show actually explains things with this review and how human beings are actually treated as plot points and nothing else. Not to forget all the undeserved pretentious babbling for no reason.

But the sad thing is that even other anime made to advertise products have been much better than this. I mean, Pokemon is terrible but at least it doesn't do anything to make me hate it with a passion within the first 10 fucking minutes of the first episode. And then there are shows like Digimon which go far beyond just trying to advertise something and treat their audience seriously with some unique ideas and fairly solid writing that is more mature than what you'd expect from a typical kids show. The fact of the matter is that this show goes beyond an effortless series that's just there for making money, it actually really feels like the writers went out of their way to piss people off. I'm not kidding about this.

Dr. Insomniac

Good Kiba review. Actually making me a bit ashamed of this preview thing I'm doing (mostly due to how short the pieces are).