Gargoyles

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 09, 2011, 12:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregX

We're launching our first episode of what will be a monthly podcast on the 24th! We already have four recorded...

... due to the time we record, we may be behind when there's news or when something happens. Our tribute to Ed Asner, for example, is at the top of the third episode.

GregX

So far "Voices From the Eyrie" is quite the success. Six episodes have been posted, our numbers keep getting better and better with every release. Jennifer is the best partner-in-crime a guy like me could ask for... but I've been saying that since years before we've had a podcast. Greg Weisman is technically a guest, but he may as well be another co-host... and Greg Guler, Frank Paur, and Jamie Thomason have brought a lot to the table on their guest stints.

We also have recorded upcoming shows with Thom Adcox and Jeff Bennett which were fun to record.

GregX

Interviews with Thom Adcox and Jeff Bennett are up. Took a little break this month but will be back in April... right now, our schedule is:

April 15: Deadly Force w/Bill Fagerbakke & Greg Weisman

April 29: Enter Macbeth w/Carl Johnson & Greg Weisman

May 13: The Edge w/Jonathan Frakes & Greg Weisman

So far, so good...

Avaitor

Oh wow, is Greg officially a co-host now?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GregX

Quote from: Avaitor on March 25, 2022, 04:41:01 PM
Oh wow, is Greg officially a co-host now?

Not officially... Officially he's a guest. A guest that happens to be on most of the shows. :D

The co-hosts are moi and Jennifer L. Anderson (a long time friend, and my boss from the days when the Gathering of the Gargoyles convention was a thing).

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Oh yeah, this and Darkwing Duck. I'm wondering if this will continue from the 2006 comics, but there doesn't seem to be an answer so far, other than they're rereleasing those and the 90's Marvel runs.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I assume it is, since Weisman was pretty insistent on the canonicity of the SLG comics.

GregX

Jennifer and I are recording with Greg Weisman tonight for "Voices From the Eyrie", the episode will be up in about a month... but we're going to ask about this comic and make sure that gets quickly edited into the episode that's going up late tonight/early tomorrow.

GregX

Okay, did a fast turn around so the "news" section went in today's podcast episode up top. Paid tribute to David Warner first.

The canon for this comic is the first sixty-five episodes of the show and the SLG comic. This takes place after the SLG comic, but he isn't saying how much time has passed quite yet. He's also not assuming everyone picking this up has an encyclopedic knowledge of the show, so there's going to be a lot of re-introducing of concepts in that first issue. He wants to be responsible for new readers.

The SLG runs and the Marvel runs are being released in TPB form, and he's encouraging people to pick both up. While he doesn't consider the Marvel run canon, he thinks a lot of the stories there are fun.

Avaitor

So I only read the first 2 issues of the SLG and the first of Bad Guys. I don't think my comic shop ever got more than those, so I didn't get to read the rest, so I'll definitely pick up those trades.

New blog!

GregX

Also, posting this episode in late August, but we just interviewed Brynne Chandler... she was a total delight; and it was great to speak with such a veteran in that world, she goes back to the early 80's.

We wish Michael Reaves' was in the right health to come on, but sadly he's no longer capable of physical speech. :(