Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

It's worth pointing out that the article only says there are no sequels planned "at the moment," not that they'll never do more in the future. But it's a relief to see that they'll be a couple years of uninterrupted originals from the studio. Pixar can make great sequels as often they can mediocre originals, but I'd definitely prefer to see them keep exploring news ideas and push boundaries in what they're capable of than just re-visiting familiar concepts again.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't mind sequels when the world and characters lend themselves to numerous story possibilities tackling different themes. In this regard, Toy Story works in having multiple sequels because the set-up lends itself well to many unique stories featuring the same characters.

But then there are movies like WALL-E and Inside Out which are clearly better as standalone stories, and those are the types of movies that Pixar should not (and thankfully have yet to) sequalize.

Daikun

The Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4 have swapped release dates.

Yep, we'll be getting our Incredibles sequel a year sooner!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Usually when a movie gets pushed back, at least for Pixar it means that they're having story issues with it. That explains why Brave and The Good Dinosaur came out as pretty meh films, and I'm not expecting much better from TS4.

Incredibles 2, however, I am definitely ready for.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Solid news! I think Toy Story 4 will be good, but we've waited looooooooong enough for Incredibles 2!

LumRanmaYasha

Incredibles 2 is the sequel I was most looking forward to, so I'm glad they made this change. I think it'll work to both movies' benefit in the end to shuffle their order, since it seems they've got a clearer idea of what they want I2 to be at this point than TS4, and there's more excitement for the former among fans.

Daikun

Avaitor

That teaser is a doozy. I'm actually slightly interested in Cars 3, since the concept sounds decent, but wow.

Oh, and I finally got to see Finding Dory the other day. I didn't like it much. The original was already never one of my favorites, and while I liked Dory a bit more here, I just couldn't get into the rest of the characters. Only Hank stands out among the new ones to me, and Dory was kind of terrible to him. Meanwhile, Nemo and Marlin's material is easily among the weakest part of the movie. Their bits add nothing to the story, while Marlin's development from the original is totally erased, and Nemo's a generic brat. And the climax is terrible.

The animation is great, and it has a few good jokes, but I can't recommend it that much, especially if you're not a big fan of the original like me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

I'm definitely interested, but like most Pixar trailers it doesn't really tell me much of anything.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Avaitor

New blog!