Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

More info on The Incredibles II.

QuoteBird revealed that Elastigirl, not Mr. Incredible, will be the star of this film, as she will be off adventuring and her husband will be home with the baby. And this time around, Huck Milner will be voicing Dash. Samuel L. Jackson is back as Frozone and Bird reprises his role as Edna Mode.

There won't be a time skip like Toy Story; the film will take place just after the first movie ends. The release date is June 15, 2018.

Also, check out this sweet concept art:

LumRanmaYasha

Neat! Switching focus could help the story feel fresh and it'd definitely be interesting to see Elastigirl in the spotlight. And that concept art is just beautiful.  :swoon:

Avaitor

We didn't get too many new announcements this D23- the main focus was on what's coming out in the next year. All that I've found about Toy Story 4, for instance, is that Lasseter stepped down as director.

However, they did announce a new currently untitled suburban film. The concept is kinda samey, but still interesting. Frankly, I'm just happy to see them still work on original movies. But still, I hope this turns out more like Inside Out and Up than The Good Dinosaur.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Makes sense for Incredible 2 to center on Elastigirl since the original was more about Mr. Incredible's journey. If you were to make a sequel without rehashing, that's the way to go about it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

This is the first time any of Pixar's stuff has gotten a full TV show, can't wait to see how Monsters, Inc. does!

Also, very surprised High School Musical didn't get a TV series right after they did the third one.

Daikun

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on November 09, 2017, 11:47:24 PM
This is the first time any of Pixar's stuff has gotten a full TV show, can't wait to see how Monsters, Inc. does!
Nah, there was Buzz Lightyear of Star Command way back when.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on November 14, 2017, 10:44:21 PM
I fucking loved that show so much!

Peanutbutter

True, but that was more a spin off of Buzz and it wasn't the Buzz we knew from the movie but the Buzz he thought he was. It IS a great series though, easily would have fit into the Disney Afternoon perfectly if it was still around when it came out.

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on November 15, 2017, 01:29:35 PM

True, but that was more a spin off of Buzz and it wasn't the Buzz we knew from the movie but the Buzz he thought he was. It IS a great series though, easily would have fit into the Disney Afternoon perfectly if it was still around when it came out.
That's fair, but at the same time, what do we really know about the Monsters show? Mike and Sully might not even be involved for all we know.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

That's possible, but I have a feeling they would have said that right in the first press release.

Daikun