Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Eleven films, eleven hits. Not all of them are great in this man's opinion, but none of them are anywhere close to a bomb and each have a pretty dedicated fanbase. That takes insane talent.

If I was to rank my favorites, my list would probably look like

1- Wall*E
2- The Incredibles
3- Toy Story 3
4- Up
5- Monster's Inc
6- Toy Story
7- Toy Story 2
8- A Bug's Life
9- Ratatouille
10- Finding Nemo
11- Cars
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

That's probably close to mine, though I think I'd put Up over The Incredibles. Something about that one just clicked so well for me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Sure, I'll fill out a list of how I rank them:

1. Up
2. Wall*E
3. Toy Story 3
4. Monster's Inc
5. The Incredibles
6. Toy Story
7. Cars
8. Ratatoullie
9. Toy Story 2
10. Finding Nemo
11. Bugs Life

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

1. Up
2. Monsters INC.
3. Toy Story 3
4. Wall*E
5. A Bug's Life
6. Toy Story
7. Toy Story 2
8. Ratatouille
9. Finding Nemo
10. The Incredibles
11. Cars

None of their films were, IMO, downright bad, EXCEPT for Cars, which aside from the fact that it had the talented Paul Newman voice acting in it, the actual movie itself was an uninspired piece of shit.

I also have to say that I find numbers 8-10 on my list to be kind of overrated. They each certainly have their own merits to them, but none of them really entertained me all that much, to be honest.

I'm not the biggest fan of Toy Story, but the first 2 movies were generally good films, and I have to admit that I was impressed by how much I liked the 3rd film (there was something about it that I could really connect with, which was a quality that wasn't exactly in the first 2 films for me).

I re-watched A Bug's Life not too long ago, and while its undeniably Pixar's most shallow film, I still honestly found it to be extremely entertaining.

Wall*E had an amazing first half, but its 2nd half dragged it down a bit for me, but only just a bit.

I don't know what it is, but there's something about Monsters INC.'s humor that just works so well that I can never tire of that movie. The voice-acting just nails the jokes better than any other Pixar film that I have seen, and the whole genuine premise of the movie, while not original, is well-done, and its simply just entertaining from beginning to end, and it doesn't ruin its pacing or mood by getting overly-wrapped up in trying to tell a more complex story than what it really is, which is a problem that I've found with certain other Pixar films.

Up is a movie that just truly impressed me on every level. It has that classic adventure style plot of exploring the unknown that just draws me in, and it perfectly combines a fun story-line with some fairly deep dramatic undertones. Its also just plain fun from start to finish, and is easily my favorite film from Pixar, so far.

Neomysterion X. Prime

I've yet to see Wall-E and Toy Story 3.

If it's a few Pixar films I like, I going with...

Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
Cars

There's no fighting it, I just plain love Pixar films, no offense.  :sly:

talonmalon333

If you ask me, really, nothing comes close to the Toy Story series. I truly see it as the heart of Pixar. So which is my favorite? It would honestly have to be Toy Story 3. And that's funny cause, going into it, I had the mindset that "As long as it's good, I'll be satisfied cause I strongly doubt it'll top either of the first two". I seriously never imagined it'd be as good as it was.

Neomysterion X. Prime

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 28, 2010, 12:11:37 AM
If you ask me, really, nothing comes close to the Toy Story series. I truly see it as the heart of Pixar. So which is my favorite? It would honestly have to be Toy Story 3. And that's funny cause, going into it, I had the mindset that "As long as it's good, I'll be satisfied cause I strongly doubt it'll top either of the first two". I seriously never imagined it'd be as good as it was.

By the way Talon, I actually watched Toy Story 3 earlier today. It had so much suspense, thrills, and plot twists, I'd have to agree with you. This is truly the best of the three, thanks for the reccommendation.  :shakeshakeshake:

talonmalon333

Quote from: Neomysterion Prime on December 29, 2010, 08:04:27 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 28, 2010, 12:11:37 AM

By the way Talon, I actually watched Toy Story 3 earlier today. It had so much suspense, thrills, and plot twists, I'd have to agree with you. This is truly the best of the three, thanks for the reccommendation.  :shakeshakeshake:

You're welcome! ;)

I'm glad you liked it as much as I did. What else is funny is that I originally wasn't feeling confident that it would turn out good, though the premise was interesting. It didn't take till the first trailer when I realized that it'll be really good! :)

No-Personality

I've only seen 2. Toy Story was great, Cars was shit.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

In case you guys haven't already heard, Toy Story 3 is officially the third animated feature to be nominated for Best Picture.

I'm 95% positive that it won't win, but it's still a great movie and a fine honor for it to hold.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Not 100%?

I am, and I love the movie.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its not going to win best picture, but it will win best animated picture for certain.

As for me, I've already given my thoughts on the film, but obviously it really shows how great it is when even I find it to be one of Pixar's best films, despite still sticking to my feeling that people overrate the first 2 Toy Story movies (and that's not to say that I don't like or enjoy either of those, but I've already elaborated on how I feel about them as opposed to other Pixar films).

Commode

*obligatory 2009 conversation about how Pixar/Animated films shouldn't even be eligible for nomination*

Toy Story 3 was mediocre in every way and shouldn't even win best animated feature.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can understand not liking Pixar films (I myself am not a big fan of their's, and find most of their works to be overrated, but still enjoyable for what they are) but why exactly should they not be eligible for any awards in animated films? That is to say, what exactly makes them "not" eligible as animation?

Commode

I don't know, that's why I objected to the post(btw, those weren't me, but people on another site; sorry if you did think it was me).  But of course, we can't live in a world where people aren't so hateful of Pixar and modern animation in general.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.