Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus

Cars and Toy Story would top my list. Monsters, Inc. would be rather low since it involves the working world,  and that's personally depressing for me.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

skyesweetcherry

I really love the movie Wall-E, Cars, Up, Monsters Inc. & Toy Story 1,2 & 3. But my fave from all those is Cars :D

March 5th - Sterling Knight's Birthday :D

Hime

My all time favorite Pixar movies would be Monsters. Inc, Ratatouille, Toy Story 1 & 2(haven't watched the third one yet), WALL-E and The Incredibles :swoon:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its a pretty good list. I even agree with The Incredible being ranked lower on the list since IMO that movie is way overrated. That said, I think Ratatouille is ranked too high, personally. To me its probably Pixar's 2nd "worst" film behind Cars (I quoted worst because I don't think the film is bad at all, but just really bland and generic-feeling by Pixar's usual standards). I also found myself agreeing with the Toy Story rankings mainly in terms of the order they were ranked it (rather than their actual spots, which were also pretty agreeable to me, though). While I know so many people love it, I like Toy Story 2 for its more ambitious story, but I also feel that it can feel a bit too slow and muddled at certain parts which kind of hurts its overall enjoyment for me, so its personally my least favorite in the trilogy, but its still a good animated film. The first Toy Story is a more "by the books" sort of story, granted that it will always have the benefit of being the film to start the trilogy with such an interesting concept, but the actual story itself is pretty predictable and kind of plays it safe, but to its credit it does that really well and manages to be a highly enjoyable film even if it lacks more of the depth of the sequels. To me, Toy Story 3 successfully combined the non-stop entertainment value of the 1st film with the depth and more ambitious story elements of the 2nd film, which is why its personally my favorite entry in the trilogy.

As for the rest of the rankings, I can agree with most of them. Personally I'd rank Monsters Inc. a lot higher, and I also still find Up to be my favorite Pixar film to date, but I can also agree with Wall-E taking the number one spot in this case, as well.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 22, 2011, 08:22:43 PM
As for the rest of the rankings, I can agree with most of them. Personally I'd rank Monsters Inc. a lot higher, and I also still find Up to be my favorite Pixar film to date, but I can also agree with Wall-E taking the number one spot in this case, as well.
Monsters Inc. got a whole lot more awesome for me once I became a Steve Buscemi fan. ;D

Up is definitely my favorite Pixar movie, as well. :)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 22, 2011, 08:24:54 PMUp is definitely my favorite Pixar movie, as well. :)
Hell yes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

talonmalon333

I need to sit down and rewatch WALL-E and Up. When I saw them the first time, I was hanging out with friends and not really watching, so my memory of both is foggy. But I'm gonna rank the others from favorite to least.

1. Toy Story 3
2. Toy Story
3. Finding Nemo
4. Toy Story 2
5. Monsters Inc.
6. A Bug's Life
7. Ratatouille
---
8. The Incredibles
9. Cars

Notice the space separating #'s 8 and 9 from the rest; those are the only movies I actually dislike. Really, I ADORE Pixar, but I do think they can be overrated sometimes... just a little bit.

Avaitor

Looks like there might be a Toy Story 4.

Yes, really.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on June 27, 2011, 12:23:11 PM

Yes, really.
What. No. There can't be. :wth:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on June 27, 2011, 12:23:11 PM

Yes, really.
They have to know better than that. There's nowhere else to go.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Pixar hasn't confirmed it themselves, but Tom Hanks mentioned that they're working on it while doing an interview earlier, and according to Tim Allen right after 3 came out, they were signed up to a fourth. Most believed that the "fourth" was just all the shorts Pixar is making rolled up to part of the contract, but maybe there is more to the story.

Add that to Larry the Cable Guy hinting at Cars 3, and Pixar might be getting into sequel mania harder than we thought.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Just got back from Cars 2. Not a masterpiece, but I thought it was actually good... more then I can say for it's predecessor.

Katie Holt

My top 3 in order are Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.

My list has changed over time. Even after watching WALL-E again I just don't see what's so great about it. I enjoyed parts of it very much but it's overall just boring. Ratatouille... decent but not what I expected from all the hype.

I loved Cars but don't feel comfortable ranking it over The Incredibles.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah